Google Web App Store

This forum will hold posts about new technologies and how they could be or are being used to benefit the Church.
JamesAnderson

Google Web App Store

Post by JamesAnderson »

Looks like Google is joining the fray when it comes to formats and apps, this time making apps available for the desktop.

Won't be fully working until later this year, but here's where you can find info so that when things are posted later this year, anything we might want to do, such as create apps for Church things on it, will be able to begin developing even ahead of time.

Appears to be built on Chrome OS, or might it be something beyond that?

https://chrome.google.com/webstore
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JamesAnderson wrote:Appears to be built on Chrome OS, or might it be something beyond that?
According to the FAQs on that page "The same web applications will run in other modern browsers that support these technologies." I'm guessing they're talking about HTML5.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

You're right, they are, saw a note on the main page or the secondary about it.
csdanson

Post by csdanson »

I know these posts were last year but I think that it is a little more relevant now that Google has announced the Chrome OSsystem coming June 15.

Just wanted to know if the Church has any plans about putting web apps out along with mobile apps?
Never give up, never surrender!

Return to “Emerging Technologies”