Joost a.k.a. The Venice Project

This forum will hold posts about new technologies and how they could be or are being used to benefit the Church.
Enigma1-p40

Post by Enigma1-p40 »

larrydkb wrote:[Do we really want to encourage watching sacrament in bed?]
this is not the intended purpsoe. yet is a way that for example, a stake conference in alaska could be broadcast to all the meeting houses because it would take many people in such a stake roughly 10 hours to drive to their stake center. reasons like this is why we are testing this equipment. the stake president would have to decide who could recieve this feed, and in turn, they would recieve a password.

as for upload speeds do not miss-quote what i have stated. i have not said that the Internet will support all those streams, yet the streaming video box has the potential to have up to 1,500 streams or whatever the number was i said before. The internet connection WOULD be an issue, yet we arent looking at having all of the church members connected to the same streaming box.
mkgmoore

Great Possibilities

Post by mkgmoore »

There are several meetings during the year in our Stake (Adult Stake Conference mtg on Sat night, Quarterly Stake General Priesthood mtg etc) where it is not possible to fit everyone to fit in one building. I would hope that it would be possible for us to video and then broadcast into another building in our Stake so that everyone can see. The Stake President has already asked me what can be done to facilitate this.:rolleyes:
splassle

Post by splassle »

I would say that this is possible. Our stake covers basically covers the western half of South Dakota down into Nebraska. It would be great for use because as of now, we have our Nebraska units call in for our Stake General Priesthood meeting, and they listen. This would make it possible for them to be able to watch it also. The thing is that we all ready have our Stake Center wired for close circuit to show Stake Conference in various rooms in the building. We also have a place setup to mount the camera. So if you really want a cheap way to test it out, we would just need to box, we all ready have the internet setup, and a camera that we could use. And I am sure our Stake President would be willing to try.
mamadsen

Move Networks

Post by mamadsen »

Since we are talking about and exploring alternatives using the internet, what about Move Networks?

Does anyone listening at CHQ know anything about the possibilities of using Move Networks to stream Stake Conferences to other buildings? This is a medium used by BYUTV that would allow for a good to high quality video over internet connections. I believe that the Church also uses Move for streaming General Conference and other events. Could it be used on a small scale for Stake Conferences?

I have an enquiring mind.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

MRK wrote:Since we are talking about and exploring alternatives using the internet, what about Move Networks?

Does anyone listening at CHQ know anything about the possibilities of using Move Networks to stream Stake Conferences to other buildings? This is a medium used by BYUTV that would allow for a good to high quality video over internet connections. I believe that the Church also uses Move for streaming General Conference and other events. Could it be used on a small scale for Stake Conferences?

I have an enquiring mind.
I'm not speaking officially but I would guess it would be possible but would require some type of licensing fee between move networks and your stake.

Tom

Return to “Emerging Technologies”