Ward Facebook Group

This forum will hold posts about new technologies and how they could be or are being used to benefit the Church.
kleinman

Ward Facebook Group

Post by kleinman »

would a Closed Facebook group titled "Westland Ward" be in violation of church policy? I am aware of the instruction in handbook 2 regarding websites and blogs, but given the proliferation of social media and the churches embrace of Facebook (every GA seems to have a Facebook page), I'm wondering if there have been any changes. A Closed group requires an invitation to the group, seems like privacy is protected and only those with facebook pages would be part of the group. Thoughts??
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ward Facebook Group

Post by russellhltn »

Closed or not, I'd think it would still be a violation of policy. It's pretty clear that a ward cannot have a page, but individuals can. You point out GAs having a page, but the analogy would be for the bishop to have a page. The way I see it, the moment you name the page after the ward, you're in violation.

As for being closed, that's a lot of work keeping up with who needs to be removed because they left the ward. And how do you know the person you're adding is the person they say they are?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Emerging Technologies”