Access Denied Message

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
AndrewScivally

Access Denied Message

Post by AndrewScivally »

I have a member that can log into LDS.org but gets an "Access Denied" message on the Calendar and Directory. Any ideas why this is happening and/or how to fix it? thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

AndrewScivally wrote:I have a member that can log into LDS.org but gets an "Access Denied" message on the Calendar and Directory. Any ideas why this is happening and/or how to fix it? thanks
That's probably because their LDS Account considers them to be a nonmember. Have them go to ldsaccount.lds.org, login, and make sure their membership record number is connected to their LDS Account.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

And if their membership information is loaded correctly in LDS Account and it still claims they are a non-member, what then? That is the question I keep getting - everything looks in order on MLS and the member assures me they rechecked that their membership number is correct but the system still claims they are not a member.

A bit frustrating for the Stake YM President ;-)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

davesudweeks wrote:And if their membership information is loaded correctly in LDS Account and it still claims they are a non-member, what then? That is the question I keep getting - everything looks in order on MLS and the member assures me they rechecked that their membership number is correct but the system still claims they are not a member.

What do you mean by your first statement? Are you talking only about LDS Account? Because if you are, I don't see how that makes sense. If a person logs in to to ldsaccount.lds.org, they should see a section on the right that says:
Account Status: Active
Membership Status
ImageYou have entered your Membership information.
Are you saying that they don't see that section in ldsaccount.lds.org? If so, the fix is simple, and is done in LDS Account: connect their membership record number to their LDS Account.

Or are you saying that they do see that section in ldsaccount.lds.org, but that some other system (Directory or Calendar) gives them an "Access Denied" message? Or is there actually some system that is saying that they are not a member of the Church?

When you say they checked that their membership number is correct, what are you referring to? Are you saying that ldsaccount.lds.org correctly reports that they have entered their membership number, or does ldsaccount.lds.org "claim they are not a member" by refusing to accept the membership number they are attempting to connect to their LDS Account?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Whoa, slow down, please :-)

Our Stake YM President resides in our ward. He called me during Bishopric meeting claiming that he could not log in to lds.org. He said he tried to use the recover pw option but nothing came to his e-mail. He tried to create a new account (I think he has not tried to log-in since the new lds.org site went live), but he said the system posted a message that he was not a member. I went to MLS and he verified that the membership number I read to him over the telephone was the correct number he used.

The next day, after searching the forum a bit, I spoke with him again and directed him to LDS Account. He said he could not login through that, so followed the links to request help from the LDS Account team. I have not spoken with him but will do so soon. Hopefully they can sort out his dilemma as I am out of suggestions.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Ah, now I get the picture
davesudweeks wrote:He said he tried to use the recover pw option but nothing came to his e-mail.
I'd suggest using the recover user name option first. He may not remember the user name correctly. I also notice that it gives options if the email has changed or if you don't remember it.
davesudweeks wrote:He tried to create a new account (I think he has not tried to log-in since the new lds.org site went live), but he said the system posted a message that he was not a member.
I'm not sure why he's saying "not a member", but the system will not allow two accounts with the same membership number. So that tactic will not work.

At one time I think the system was picky about what you did with the leading zeros, but I can't remember if you have to enter them or leave them out.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Main Church Website”