Interpreter training

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the LDS.org website.
wssimpson-p40

Interpreter training

Postby wssimpson-p40 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:40 pm

Can anyone tell me when the Interpreter Training section of the "Serving in the Church" page will be activated? For a while during 2007, there was a placeholder on the main "Serving" page saying that the Interpreter Training was being prepared, but the placeholder disappeared a few months ago.

Thank you!!

opee

Postby opee » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:57 pm

wssimpson wrote:Can anyone tell me when the Interpreter Training section of the "Serving in the Church" page will be activated? For a while during 2007, there was a placeholder on the main "Serving" page saying that the Interpreter Training was being prepared, but the placeholder disappeared a few months ago.

Thank you!!

It looks like there is a new webpage under "Serving in the Church":

http://interpreter.lds.org/interpreter/eng/

I think that it will probably be expanding in the future, but it is a start.

wssimpson-p40

Postby wssimpson-p40 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:37 am

Thank you! Do you know anything about the CD for interpreter training that the Church was working on?

jbh001
Community Moderators

Postby jbh001 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:16 am

I wanted to attend the satellite broadcast they offered on interpreter training in February (?) 2007, but couldn't attend and didn't get it recorded. I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Edit:
Never mind, I found hardcopies (Word & PDF links) and the video presentation (WMV link) here.

opee

Postby opee » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:23 am

wssimpson wrote:Thank you! Do you know anything about the CD for interpreter training that the Church was working on?

I understood that it was supposed to come out last year, but I have not seen it either. I was not able to see the Feb training, but think that the video at this website is probably part of the whole training. Hopefully more will follow.

opee

New material on website

Postby opee » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:16 am

FYI, There is new material on the website for Interpreters.

Return to “LDS.org Website”