Scripture Marking in Gospel Library

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
msavoldi

Scripture Marking in Gospel Library

Post by msavoldi »

I have a similar problem on my MacBook. I have tried using Firefox and Safari, and I see the same issue. Sometimes when I highlight, I get the pop-up, and other times I do not. I have also found that with the pop-up, I can't cut&paste the highlighted text to another program (like into Microsoft Word or an email), but without the pop-up, I can. It would be nice to know how to go from one "mode" to the other.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

msavoldi wrote:Sometimes when I highlight, I get the pop-up, and other times I do not.
This post was originally a response to a post in the iPhone Gospel Library forum. But since you referred to a MacBook, it appears you are talking about the various materials under Study on the Menu on lds.org. So I am moving your post to the appropriate forum.

There are a couple things to be aware of:
  1. You have to be logged in for any of the study tools to work. Any of the Gospel Library content will act like a regular web page if you are not logged in to lds.org.
  2. When you are logged in, you can turn the Study Mode on or off, by using the check box at the bottom of the window labeled "Study Mode" -- see the attached to this post.
The options bar may not appear, but just a double arrow pointing up (like the circled double arrow that points down in the screenshot). If so, click the double arrow and the options bar will appear.
msavoldi wrote:I have also found that with the pop-up, I can't cut&paste the highlighted text to another program (like into Microsoft Word or an email), but without the pop-up, I can. It would be nice to know how to go from one "mode" to the other.
What do you mean when you say you that "with the pop-up, [you] can't cut&paste the highlighted text to another program"? Do you mean you don't see the "Copy" option on the pop-up? Or that when you select the Copy option, the highlighted text doesn't go into your clipboard? It works fine for me in Firefox on a PC.
Attachments
Study.jpg
(28.17 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jandersen78

Re: Scripture Marking in Gospel Library

Post by jandersen78 »

I know this is a rather old question but I would like to add a related question. When I am logged in and viewing the scriptures in English I do see the study mode tool bar. However, if I open the same page in a new tab and simply change languages e.g. from English to Español, I no longer get the study mode bar even though I am still logged in. Any ideas?
lmcguire

Re: Scripture Marking in Gospel Library

Post by lmcguire »

jandersen78,

According to this post: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 73#p143173 ...the study tools are only available in English right now.

FWIW,

Liz

Return to “Main Church Website”