Flash player full screen choppy when watching general conference

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
ivanobom

Re: Flash player full screen choppy when watching general co

Post by ivanobom »

I still think that simplest solution it would be make available the smartphone player version to the desktop's browsers.
williamjackson

Post by williamjackson »

ivanobom wrote:I still think that simplest solution it would be make available the smartphone player version to the desktop's browsers.
Many phones, and the iPhone in particular, have a physical built-in computer chip that handles video playback. This makes watching video efficient and smooth.

Most desktop computers do not have such a chip, so the smartphone player cannot be used on a desktop computer.
ivanobom

Post by ivanobom »

williamjackson wrote:Many phones, and the iPhone in particular, have a physical built-in computer chip that handles video playback. This makes watching video efficient and smooth.

Most desktop computers do not have such a chip, so the smartphone player cannot be used on a desktop computer.
I agree that not all computers can play it well using the smartphone player (HTML5). However most new and modern computers can. That's why it should be both option available to the user decide which one is better for his computer: Flash or HTML5.

Return to “Main Church Website”