Priesthood Session Audio/Video

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
jtwitchell

Priesthood Session Info

Post by jtwitchell »

tomw wrote:If I hear an answer, I'll post it.

Tom

Any news yet? Thanks.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

net_runner wrote:Any news yet? Thanks.
Sorry...no.

Tom
TewFast-p40

Post by TewFast-p40 »

Will there be a Live Internet Stream of the Priesthood session for April 2009?

I'm not inquiring about the Recorded Sessions available for download.

I know it is an encrypted satelite feed. We have had Regional Conferences that are encrypted feeds as well, which HQ also offered special URL's that could be used to view the encrypted feeds over the internet.

We do not have a Stake building because of Rapid Growth. In the past we have used slingbox situations to push the meeting to other buildings. It makes it easier if we had an internet feed from Salt Lake.

Yes I am aware of the new Webcast communicators and that will be used from an adjoining stake if no feed is available. It just would make it simpler if a feed encrypted or not was given to stakes. Especially for those without satelites or official stake buildings.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

TewFast wrote:Will there be a Live Internet Stream of the Priesthood session for April 2009?
This has never been done before, and as far as I know, there is no indication from the Church that this will be done anytime in the near future.
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

Post by kennethjorgensen »

mkmurray wrote:This has never been done before, and as far as I know, there is no indication from the Church that this will be done anytime in the near future.
It also looked like the ASL clip from last time had audio in it by mystake as the audio part of the ASL clip has since been removed to only leave the visual side which is what is important.

So I guess the confusion last time arose by a simple oversight.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

TewFast wrote:Will there be a Live Internet Stream of the Priesthood session for April 2009?
Here is an interesting update that to me signifies there will most definitely not be a live internet stream for Priesthood Session for quite a while. That statement is of course speculation on my own part.

The Church has just posted an announcement on the LDS Tech Wiki page that use of the Meetinghouse Webcast technology will be disabled during the hours that Priesthood session is held this Saturday. Here is a link to the page containing the announcement: https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Mee ... se_Webcast

My own personal interpretation of this announcement is that the Church doesn't even want Priesthood Session sent to other ward meetinghouses within the stake, only to the Stake Center building with the satellite dish receiver. Perhaps the Church feels it important that men of the Priesthood in a stake should meet as a joint body in a common place for Priesthood session.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

mkmurray wrote:...

My own personal interpretation of this announcement is that the Church doesn't even want Priesthood Session sent to other ward meetinghouses within the stake, only to the Stake Center building with the satellite dish receiver. Perhaps the Church feels it important that men of the Priesthood in a stake should meet as a joint body in a common place for Priesthood session.
There are some areas where some non-stake-center meetinghouses also get the priesthood session. For example, the meetinghouse in Newberg, Oregon is about a 30-33 minute drive from the stake center in McMinnville. Except for this year while the building is being remodeled, Newberg has received the priesthood session. I understand the meetinghouse is designated as an auxiliary stake center, but I don't know how relevant that is.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I would expect that any church satellite receiver system will still get the Priesthood Session. It's just that stakes can not stream it on their own to other buildings.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JerryWilliams

Post by JerryWilliams »

Well I asked the question on the Feedback link on lds.org.

The answer that I received was that since it wasn't broadcast that they didn't have the audio to post it.
So maybe it has to do with the way things are processed.

I used to have a TV card that I would covert the audio on the fly to mp3 and then cut it up so that I would have a small mp3 file that would say the title of the song or the speakers name and then the song or talk and I would remove the prayers and put it on a mp3 cd to listen to in my car. I noticed that they now have the music as well as the talks in the zip file. Thanks to whoever has done that work.

So now I just need to cut out the song titles and speaker names. I know the files have that information, but I like to just listen to them. Kind of like the new ipod shuffle that will tell you the names of the track.

So I buy the audio cd's when they come out and redo my mp3 cd with them later on. If would be nice if there was an mp3 cd that you could just buy like that. It would save me the work and time.

Another option might be to have a login to get the priesthood session, that way they could limit the talks to the priesthood holders.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

In case anyone isn't aware of this, the church distribution center (ldscatalog.com) makes available professionally done DVD's of the conference sessions, including the priesthood session. These come out approximately 6 weeks after the conference. They're indexed so that you can select a specific talk, listen to entire conference, or just listen to the music without the talks.

I've been using these for some time and find them an excellent addition to a library. In fact, as the STS for our stake, I order copies for each meetinghouse library.

Just an FYI.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

Return to “Main Church Website”