Calendar/Directory August release issues

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

macsense wrote:Yes, those are the instructions to which I'm referring. Where would he be designated as a stake building scheduler? In the Stake MLS or online somewhere in the calendar system?
Each location has a building scheduler as designated in the online calendar system. It's under Manage Locations and Resources. You select the location, then click Edit, then there is a box containing all the building schedulers, and an Add Building Scheduler button to add additional schedulers.

But note that for me at least, adding a scheduler and clicking Save Changes results in an eternal spinner. The changes are never saved. This worked last week, but not now.

Another ambiguity I see in that passage I quoted is that it says "... before the stake building scheduler can manage locations and resources." Does that mean that he would have access to the "Manage Locations and Resources" page, where he could then manage all locations and resources, just like any administrator? Or is it speaking more generically, and it simply means that he can manage those locations and resources for which he has been designated as Building Scheduler? I could read it either way. If it's the former, then it shouldn't matter if they have been designated as a building scheduler; if it's the latter, then it would make perfect sense for them to be required to be a Building Scheduler.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mprusse

Manage Locations & Resources issue

Post by mprusse »

Also in the Help section under the heading Rights and Roles it states:

"At the stake level, approvers can also manage locations and resources."

So, with those instructions in mind, it would seem that anyone that is designated as Stake approver should have rights to and be able to see the Manage Locations and Resources option. This does not seem to be occurring in our case as both myself and the high councilor are designated as stake Approvers and neither of us can see the Manage Locations and Resources option.

I hope someone closer to this project can chime in here and help clarify.

Thank you.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

macsense wrote:Also in the Help section under the heading Rights and Roles it states:

"At the stake level, approvers can also manage locations and resources."

So, with those instructions in mind, it would seem that anyone that is designated as Stake approver should have rights to and be able to see the Manage Locations and Resources option. This does not seem to be occurring in our case as both myself and the high councilor are designated as stake Approvers and neither of us can see the Manage Locations and Resources option.
As I mentioned before, I still see that statement from the help page as ambiguous; although it would seem that the most reasonable interpretation is as you mentioned above, the alternate reading I mentioned is also possible.

There is one more detail that makes me wonder about the current approver page and the rights given to an approver. For the list of stake approvers, the default list of approvers (stake presidency, clerks, and executive secretary) are all listed in the UNIT column as being in the stake (not their respective wards). But if you click the Add Approver button and add a new approver, they will be listed in the UNIT column as being in their ward. Is their unit (a ward, not the stake) an indication that they are not a stake approver with full permissions?

One other approach you might try is to have the stake clerk go into MLS and give the high councilor in question the standard calling "Stake Website Administrator"; I have that standard calling and am listed in the stake approver list (with the stake as the UNIT) with that calling.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

jdcr256 wrote:Calendar and Directory just released yesterday to new urls - new.lds.org/directory, and new.lds.org/church-calendar. I'm looking to get feedback on how they are working for you.

To be specific, I'm not looking for feedback (at least in this thread) on features that are missing, or improvements you would like to see. What I would like to know is:
  • Are you able to log in to the directory and/or calendar?
  • When you log in, do you see the functioning application?
  • Do you get a blank screen?
  • Do you see the UI, but no data?
  • Any other similar issues?

Thanks again for your help and feedback.

As of today, I can see all the data for our ward and other wards in the stake, but for stake leaders, I only get the spinning wheel. Also, I can ONLY login with the "new" and not the "beta" designation in the url.
holmsro

Problem editting events on Calendar

Post by holmsro »

jdcr256 wrote:Calendar and Directory just released yesterday to new urls - new.lds.org/directory, and new.lds.org/church-calendar. I'm looking to get feedback on how they are working for you.

Thanks again for your help and feedback.

I get into the Calendar and see existing events, but when I click on an event nothing happens. A message then appears at the bottom left of my IE window that says Error on Page. When I click it is says:
Line: 114
Char: 478
Error: Type mismatch.
Code: 0
URL: https://new.lds.org/church-calendar/

If I enter the calendar and click Create Event before clicking on an existing event, then the Create Evemt window opens. But if I have tried to click an existing event first, then the Create Event window will not open. I have cleared cookies and still have the problem. Any other info that would be helpful?

Thanks for all the great work.
mprusse

Update on Locations & Resources editing

Post by mprusse »

As of today, someone at the stake level with granted Approval rights still doesn't have access to the Locations & Resources section of the new calendar. I have not tried to get them with Authorized Approver access by putting them in the stake MLS system as web site administrator as I don't think this is supposed to be necessary. I'm still hoping someone will read these comments as well as the bug reports and emails I've submitted and fix the problem soon.

Thank you.

Return to “Main Church Website”