LDS.org Beta question

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Techgy wrote:Ryan,

There's been a lot of speculation and discussion of late regarding access rights to the CDOL and the new beta.lds.org site. Would it be possible to post what the intended access rights will be for each of these sites as well as what access is granted for each level?
For CDOL the rights are on the wiki here. I think having pages that show the rights for the beta.lds.org apps would make sense. I will talk to those teams and see about getting that information added to the wiki.
lehrschallbrian

Post by lehrschallbrian »

Alan_Brown wrote:So what is it you see in CDOL? Is the ward clerk position not listed at all? Or is the wrong person listed in the calling?

It sounds like you are sayng that the calling is not listed at all. So you should check to make sure that the calling is listed properly in MLS. In the Bishopric organization, that person should be listed as Ward Clerk, and should not show up in the Custom Positions Review.

The person is listed wrong.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wakegop wrote:The person is listed wrong.
I'm still a bit confused about what you are seeing. Could you please answer these questions?
  1. Is the correct person listed in MLS with the standard calling "Ward Clerk"?
  2. In CDOL, is there a Ward Clerk position listed in black text (indicative of a standard calling)?
  3. If yes, then in CDOL is the right person listed for that standard calling?
If I understand you correctly, you said that the answer to #2 is yes, and the answer to #3 is no. But I still don't know from any of your posts what the answer to #1 is.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lehrschallbrian

Alan_Brown wrote:I'm still a bit confused about what you are seeing. Could you please answer these questions?
  1. Is the correct person listed in MLS with the standard calling "Ward Clerk"?
  2. In CDOL, is there a Ward Clerk position listed in black text (indicative of a standard calling)?
  3. If yes, then in CDOL is the right person listed for that standard calling?
If I understand you correctly, you said that the answer to #2 is yes, and the answer to #3 is no. But I still don't know from any of your posts what the answer to #1 is.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wakegop wrote:1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No
Thanks for the info. Then I think you're in the situation I described as follows:
Alan_Brown wrote:If the person is correctly entered in MLS, but does not appear in CDOL, then there could be a problem with the transmission of this information. It might be a problem in your local database. See this thread for a discussion of this kind of problem, which can only be fixed by Local Unit Support.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lehrschallbrian

I called local unit support but now in CDOL it lists my ward as having 2 ward clerks. HELP!!!!!!!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wakegop wrote:I called local unit support but...
What did Local Unit Support say? What did they do? Did they make any changes in your MLS database? or in CDOL? or did they instruct you to do something?
wakegop wrote:... now in CDOL it lists my ward as having 2 ward clerks. HELP!!!!!!!
Have you verified that there is only one ward clerk in MLS? Are the two ward clerks the previous one and the current one?
lehrschallbrian

Alan_Brown wrote:What did Local Unit Support say? What did they do? Did they make any changes in your MLS database? or in CDOL? or did they instruct you to do something?

They first told me that they would "grab" that calling and if that did not work to remove the ward clerk do a send receive add him back then do another send receive. I did that and it did not fix it so I called back today.
Alan_Brown wrote:Have you verified that there is only one ward clerk in MLS? Are the two ward clerks the previous one and the current one?

Yes there is only 1 clerk in MLS. Yes. They told me to do a Request Unit Refresh Data and then a send receive so I will try that this afternoon when I head over to the building.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wakegop wrote:They told me to do a Request Unit Refresh Data and then a send receive so I will try that this afternoon when I head over to the building.
Thanks for keeping us posted -- when you do resolve the issue, please make a final post letting us know what the actual solution was.

By the way, note that when you do request Unit Refresh Data, you have to wait 3-4 hours after the first Send/Receive (which simply sends the request) before you can do another Send/Receive and receive the refreshed data.
lehrschallbrian

Okay so I got to the building and did my request unit refresh data and a send receive. I felt prompted to check the Bishopric Callings one more time and looked and low and behold both clerks were listed so I removed the released clerk and did a send receive. Here's hoping this works!!!!

Return to “Main Church Website”