Introductory Handout

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
Kyrandita

Introductory Handout

Post by Kyrandita »

To better inform my Branch about the Beta LUWS, I created this Handout (PDF below) to explain basic use and function of the new site... This is by no means the final version, I'm posting this version asking for suggestions on how to improve it and to make sure all of my current information is correct...
and PLEASE correct my grammar and phrasing if need be, I wrote the basis of what I wanted each area to contain but am convinced there would be a simpler or more "official" sounding way to say most of it...

I chose the color scheme of the church website... but maybe something more printer friendly would be best for most people... I don't really want to spend a fortune printing these... any thoughts?

Oh, and if anyone wants to use it in their own ward now or when it is finished, go ahead... that's why I tried to make it fairly generic... so it didn't apply to just my branch...

EDIT: I updated this PDF a bit since my initial post, this is the new version... There are two editable fields near the bottom of page 1 where you can put your name and contact info before printing...
Attachments
Betahandout.pdf
(892.15 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
kennethjorgensen
Community Moderators

Post by kennethjorgensen »

Kyrandita wrote:To better inform my Branch about the Beta LUWS, I created this Handout (PDF below) to explain basic use and function of the new site... This is by no means the final version, I'm posting this version asking for suggestions on how to improve it and to make sure all of my current information is correct...
and PLEASE correct my grammar and phrasing if need be, I wrote the basis of what I wanted each area to contain but am convinced there would be a simpler or more "official" sounding way to say most of it...

I chose the color scheme of the church website... but maybe something more printer friendly would be best for most people... I don't really want to spend a fortune printing these... any thoughts?

Oh, and if anyone wants to use it in their own ward now or when it is finished, go ahead... that's why I tried to make it fairly generic... so it didn't apply to just my branch...
Brilliant start and I am sure many (including myself) will find it useful to use already.

Are you planning on finishing it off or are you going to make the source available for others?
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Kyrandita wrote:To better inform my Branch about the Beta LUWS, I created this Handout (PDF below) to explain basic use and function of the new site... This is by no means the final version, I'm posting this version asking for suggestions on how to improve it and to make sure all of my current information is correct...

Thanks for this idea on a handout.... I have included a link to the beta directory on the ward home page under "Additional Web Resources."
Kyrandita

Post by Kyrandita »

I'll happily post the source... I was just hoping to have it more complete before doing so so there weren't a bunch of versions floating out there...

I am using Scribus to create this... Mostly because I'm a student and can't really afford anything better at the moment... But it's actually a pretty powerful program if you can deal with some of the small frustrations about it... (If anyone had questions as to what program to use...)

I'd rather Create a Google Doc or Wave or something so that everyone were working on a Single version... less duplicates and such, but it didn't really seem to be as effective for the precise layout I was going for...

EDIT: source file updated to match pdf
Attachments
Betahandout.zip
(12.23 KiB) Downloaded 147 times

Return to “Main Church Website”