Missionary online recommendation

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
lungm001

Missionary Online Recommendation

Post by lungm001 »

I am in the same situation. I was called as bishop of our unit 3 weeks ago. I confirmed that CDOL is updated. I am unable to locate a contact number for assistance anywhere. What should I do to get recognized? I have two young individuals who are ready to go on missions.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lungm001 wrote:I am in the same situation. I was called as bishop of our unit 3 weeks ago. I confirmed that CDOL is updated. I am unable to locate a contact number for assistance anywhere. What should I do to get recognized? I have two young individuals who are ready to go on missions.
You can always call Local Unit Support.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

lungm001 wrote:I am in the same situation. I was called as bishop of our unit 3 weeks ago. I confirmed that CDOL is updated. I am unable to locate a contact number for assistance anywhere. What should I do to get recognized? I have two young individuals who are ready to go on missions.
It looks like your calling made it into CDOL yesterday, so normally today you would be in most systems. Sometimes it takes 2 days, but last night there were problems with the nightly process and so it might be later today (they reran the process) or tomorrow before you have access.
Greg4BYU

What callings have access to the Missionary Reccomendation system?

Post by Greg4BYU »

The stake president told my son that I would be able to login and track his online application since I am the Ward Clerk. I didn't think that would be true. When I tried to login it didn't work/

-Greg
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Greg4BYU wrote:The stake president told my son that I would be able to login and track his online application since I am the Ward Clerk. I didn't think that would be true. When I tried to login it didn't work/

-Greg
The bishop can add you as an authorized user (generally so you can help him out) but you don't get access based on your Ward Clerk calling.
gxwheel

Post by gxwheel »

eblood66 wrote:. . . but you don't get access based on your Ward Clerk calling.
Who has access to this tool based on calling? Only Bishop/Branch President & Stake President? Any others?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

gxwheel wrote:Who has access to this tool based on calling? Only Bishop/Branch President & Stake President? Any others?
That's it -- only the bishop and stake president (and I assume branch president and district president and perhaps mission presidents in areas where they have ecclesiastical responsibilities). All other access to the missionary recommendation tool is delegated by those presiding leaders to individuals by name, whether it's the missionary applicants or clerks and others who are given rights to perform various levels of responsibility in this system.

This permissions model is a bit different from other applications on LDS.org, which makes me wonder if it might change in the future (the missionary recommendation system is older than most of the applications on LDS.org). But that's the way it works now.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

aebrown wrote:That's it -- only the bishop and stake president (and I assume branch president and district president and perhaps mission presidents in areas where they have ecclesiastical responsibilities). All other access to the missionary recommendation tool is delegated by those presiding leaders to individuals by name, whether it's the missionary applicants or clerks and others who are given rights to perform various levels of responsibility in this system.

At the present time, counselors in stake presidencies are automatically given rights that the stake president may also give to his clerk, if he desires.

Return to “Main Church Website”