Missionary online recommendation

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
bauerkg-p40

Missionary online recommendation

Post by bauerkg-p40 »

I have 3 young men ready to begin mission papers, however lds.org/mss will not let me log in. I am the bishop of our unit and have never had any problems before. When I try to login a message appears telling me my username and/or password are invalid. I double and triple checked both and they are not invalid. Any suggestions?:confused:
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might double-check that you're using the correct set of login/password. From what I can tell, that site uses the LDS Account, the same login/password as your ward website.

If that's not the issue, then something somewhere may not have your position recorded properly. You might try cdol.lds.org to see if that works for you.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

bauerkg wrote:I have 3 young men ready to begin mission papers, however lds.org/mss will not let me log in. I am the bishop of our unit and have never had any problems before. When I try to login a message appears telling me my username and/or password are invalid. I double and triple checked both and they are not invalid. Any suggestions?:confused:
As Russell mentioned the MSS requires the LDS Account.
If you cannot get in, I'd suggest trying to see if you have an LDS account and if so, go through the password recovery method. This should recover your password and you should then have access to the missionary system. If this still doesn't work, check the MLS program to insure that you are still registered as the Bishop.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Techgy wrote:If this still doesn't work, check the MLS program to insure that you are still registered as the Bishop.
The calling in ward MLS doesn't really matter here. What is important is being listed properly as the bishop in CDOL, which is information transmitted from the stake's MLS.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Alan_Brown wrote:The calling in ward MLS doesn't really matter here. What is important is being listed properly as the bishop in CDOL, which is information transmitted from the stake's MLS.
I realize this, but MLS will feed the CDOL, so it's important that the source is correct. We just went through this little exercise ourself. Checking the MLS would be easier, and would give an early indication as to where the problem originated.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Techgy wrote:I realize this, but MLS will feed the CDOL, so it's important that the source is correct. We just went through this little exercise ourself. Checking the MLS would be easier, and would give an early indication as to where the problem originated.
But my point was that ward MLS doesn't feed the bishop's calling to CDOL -- that particular calling is fed by stake MLS. So ward MLS will give no indication as to where the problem originated.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Alan_Brown wrote:But my point was that ward MLS doesn't feed the bishop's calling to CDOL -- that particular calling is fed by stake MLS. So ward MLS will give no indication as to where the problem originated.
Sorry, I misunderstood you. You are correct. However, he's listed as Bishop in the CDOL, so that's not his problem. Indications point to him getting his password or username incorrect. I'd look there first and go through the password recovery routine for his LDS account.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Techgy wrote: However, he's listed as Bishop in the CDOL, so that's not his problem.
Hmm. I can't see any statement that he is listed as bishop in CDOL. It may be unlikely that he is not listed properly there (especially since the fact that he once could access the missionary system indicates that he was once listed properly in CDOL), but it's certainly worth checking out.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Alan_Brown wrote:Hmm. I can't see any statement that he is listed as bishop in CDOL.
I didn't either. But after Techgy's comment, a quick search of the CDOL shows a matching profile. :)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Alan_Brown wrote:Hmm. I can't see any statement that he is listed as bishop in CDOL. It may be unlikely that he is not listed properly there (especially since the fact that he once could access the missionary system indicates that he was once listed properly in CDOL), but it's certainly worth checking out.
Just a little behind-the-scenes work.:rolleyes:

Return to “Main Church Website”