Links to documents are not correct

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Links to documents are not correct

Post by jdlessley »

I am posting this here only as a method to get the information to the correct parties to correct two errors. I have already sent feedback on lds.org for the link problem there. Since I cannot send feedback for the link error on the wiki I am posting here. Since I cannot correct the wiki link problem those Church employees who can need to be contacted.

The first error is the link on lds.org at the Letters and Policies page of the "Clerk and Technology" site for the "Broadband Internet Services in Meetinghouses" dated 29 Feb 2008. Instead of linking to the document described it links to the 26 Mar 2008 document of the same title.

The second error is similar to the first. The link at the Letters and policies archive page of the wiki for the 29 Feb 2008 Broadband Internet Services in Meetinghouses links to the 8 Aug 2008 document with the same title instead.

I have been unable to access the correct 29 Feb 2008 Broadband Internet Services in Meetinghouses document. Does anybody know of another source online?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:I am posting this here only as a method to get the information to the correct parties to correct two errors. I have already sent feedback on lds.org for the link problem there. Since I cannot send feedback for the link error on the wiki I am posting here. Since I cannot correct the wiki link problem those Church employees who can need to be contacted.

The first error is the link on lds.org at the Letters and Policies page of the "Clerk and Technology" site for the "Broadband Internet Services in Meetinghouses" dated 29 Feb 2008. Instead of linking to the document described it links to the 26 Mar 2008 document of the same title.

The second error is similar to the first. The link at the Letters and policies archive page of the wiki for the 29 Feb 2008 Broadband Internet Services in Meetinghouses links to the 8 Aug 2008 document with the same title instead.

I have been unable to access the correct 29 Feb 2008 Broadband Internet Services in Meetinghouses document. Does anybody know of another source online?
I have fixed the link on the wiki; the link on clerk.lds.org would have to be fixed by someone else.

But really, the 29 Feb 2008 letter provides nothing more than a mildly interesting historical note. It is word for word the same as the 8 Aug 2008 document (aside from 2 typos that were corrected), except that the 29 Feb 2008 letter was directed to just the North America Southwest Area, and the 8 Aug 2008 letter is for all of US and Canada. So the 29 Feb 2008 notice can be discarded, since it is a pure subset of the 8 Aug 2008 notice.

Return to “Main Church Website”