Mormon.org's Ask a Question Feature

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
reachtheworld-p40

Mormon.org's Ask a Question Feature

Post by reachtheworld-p40 »

In another online forum, this was recently posted by a Baurak Ale:

[INDENT]"The purpose of this thread is to discuss the Church's only known online avenue for people to ask the Church a question and recieve an Official Church Response. The Churches "ASK A QUESTION" page is located on www.mormon.org. Here people may Email a Question to the Church

http://www.mormon.org/question/email/1,166...,00.html?src=tv

{Ask a question

If you have further questions about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we encourage you to select one or more of the following options:

We are always interested in improving this Web site. If you have questions that are not answered, please ask us. Depending on the nature of your question, we may add it to our Frequently asked questions or answer it by adding new content to the site. We read all questions, but because of the large volume of e-mail, we may not be able to respond directly to you.

This feature is not intended for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to contact Church headquarters. Church members should discuss questions or personal matters with their local leaders.

You may also register to be informed of other materials provided in the future by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints}.

I have sporadically used this function to email the Church since it went online and the function became avialable, however I have never ever recieved a single response to any of my questions, in any way shape or form other than this automated response.

Dear Joe Bloggs,

Thank you for submitting a question to mormon.org. We do read every question we
receive, but due to the large volume of e-mail we are not able to answer them
all and may not be able to respond to you directly.

We invite you to learn more by talking to a member in your area
(http://www.mormon.org/requestvisit) or worshipping with us at a chapel near you
(http://www.mormon.org/worship).

Thank you for visiting http://www.mormon.org.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints}

Although I am always grateful for the Churches unchanging automated response, my test email questions that ask if this function works?, or who responds or reads these emails? Is always met with the same above automated response. I have never ever recieved a response from this funcation.

My Questions?

Has any one ever recieved a response from this Ask a Question Email page, since its been avialable?

Why does the Church have a this function at all if it never ever responds?

If the Church doesn't answer any questions from the public or members, why not come out with a statement that says so to stop the confusion?

Feel free to test the email a question I have done it a number of times over the years and always recieve the same automated response even when my questions differ. Comments Contributions encouraged."

[/INDENT]Does anyone here have any information on this? Do we need volunteers or employees or something to answer the questions? If potential investigators are asking questions and then not ever getting a response, I think we are missing out big-time on a great opportunity!
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

I don't know the answers to your questions but I will ask around.

Tom
tomj
Community Moderators

Mormon.org Questions . . .

Post by tomj »

I've never used the mormon.org questions feature, however I have used the LDS.org Feedback feature numerous times, and if I'm remembering correctly, I think I've always gotten a human response back! But they are most likely routed to different departments.

I really felt like my voice was heard. I believe that as they say in the response you posted from them that they do read every question they receive. Perhaps because of the pure volume, mormon.org doesn't have enough resources to accomplish responses.

I'm very interested in hearing what tomw finds out. :)
reachtheworld-p40

Wow, that's great you got replies. I would think that it would be even higher on the priotity scale to answer interested non-members with questions about the Church than to reply to suggestions on improving the lds.org website.
daddy-o-p40

Post by daddy-o-p40 »

I have not used the email method on the site. However, I have used the online chat and it is immediate.
"What have I done for someone today?" Thomas Monson
reachtheworld-p40

False Alarm!

I tested out the "Ask a Question" feature and I received a personalized reply. Maybe this Baurak Ale fellow was just asking wacko questions or something.

Anyway, it does seem to work after all. Good job Church and Church web people!
alanpryor

Re: Mormon.org's Ask a Question Feature

Post by alanpryor »

About the Christus statue. Why are there no signs of the "nails" in Our Savior's wrists ???

Alan Pryor
[Personal information removed. This is a public forum.]
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Mormon.org's Ask a Question Feature

Post by russellhltn »

alanpryor wrote:About the Christus statue. Why are there no signs of the "nails" in Our Savior's wrists ???
Because it's a small detail easily missed. Download the "wallpaper" sized picture from this link, then zoom into the palm of the hands (not the wrist).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Main Church Website”