site color scheme

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
mckellsl

site color scheme

Post by mckellsl »

Hi, how can we change the color scheme for the site?
I want white on black.
thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: site color scheme

Post by russellhltn »

I do not think the site is configurable, however, your browser may have some options to change how the site is rendered.

But to clarify, are you asking for high contrast, or night mode?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

For Apple products, including desktops, iPhones and iPads, it is simple to change to the white on black mode. Not sure about PC's or Android, but I would guess it is also possible. To find out how to do this, ask Google.
mevans

Post by mevans »

If you are familiar with CSS, you can get some browser add-ons that allow you to override the styles on specific websites. Then you can specify your own colors, etc.

For Chrome, there's Stylebot:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... eoha?hl=en

It may have been this plugin or something else where someone shared a different lds.org definition on the social page. I used it because I was frustrated with some lds.org things and a kind person on the forums published some other style definitions. The repository on Stylebot is down, so you can't go looking there. If you find a plugin like this that allows community definitions, you might make changes and share with others. Note that with the church domain change (ChurchOfJesusChrist.org vs. lds.org), if you're looking for style definitions anyone else has done, you might have to look under both domains. I also seem to remember finding some anti-church styles on style repository I visited years ago, so be warned. I never tried them out to see how they modified the church website, but they existed.

Return to “Main Church Website”