new experience

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
ebfitzner

new experience

Post by ebfitzner »

I love the new experience when I am studying the scriptures and other resources but a couple days ago I couldn't find the toggle to turn it on . How do I find it again?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: new experience

Post by sbradshaw »

The new experience is at a different URL: Study.LDS.org. The toggle has been removed because the old experience is being phased out – for example, there are no longer "old experience" pages for Church magazine content.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
douglastc

Post by douglastc »

I can't download the entire Ensign in audio format anymore. Is there a new way to do that?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If you go to a magazine page (for example, in the March 2019 Ensign: https://www.lds.org/study/ensign/2019/0 ... d?lang=eng), there's a download button in the top right that gives you download options, including "Entire Book (MP3)."
douglastc

Post by douglastc »

When I choose Entire Book, I only get the mp3 for a single article, not the whole magazine.
jrboland

Post by jrboland »

I am having the same problem...I can only download the mp3 for one article at a time. To do that for 25-30 articles each month is way too time consuming. We need the single ZIP file with all the individual mp3 files for each article as before.

I put all the Ensign mp3 files on a flash drive each month and use the USB port on my car stereo to listen to them when driving. It works well in general, but large files (a GC session) are cumbersome to navigate; hence the need for individual files for each article versus a single mp3 file for the entire magazine.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The "Entire Book (MP3)" button is supposed to download a .zip file with MP3s for the full book. It looks like there's a bug – I'm seeing it as well. I'd recommend reporting it using the feedback link at the bottom of that page.
mevans

Post by mevans »

sbradshaw wrote:I'd recommend reporting it using the feedback link at the bottom of that page.
The Feedback link isn't at the bottom of the page in the New Experience. I actually thought it didn't exist at all, but I found it. You need to open the table of contents panel on the left and scroll to the bottom of that panel. You'll find the Feedback link there.
douglastc

Post by douglastc »

I got a response back. They said they've gotten many tickets regarding this and they are working on a fix.
cgcrandall

Post by cgcrandall »

I am still unable to download the .zip file with MP3s of the Ensign. This problem has persisted since March 2019. Is this the new norm? Will we no longer be able to download the audio of the Ensign?

Return to “Main Church Website”