What area of LDS.org (not LDS Tools), do Members find their Ministering Assignments?

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
ELHawkes

What area of LDS.org (not LDS Tools), do Members find their Ministering Assignments?

Post by ELHawkes »

As a regular member (non Leadership position, no access to LCR) where do you lookup your Ministering assignments on LDS.org ? Several of us at church today tried to figure it out and couldn't find it on LDS.org (note, this is not a question about LDS Tools, we are looking to find the link, url, to Ministering assignments for regular members on LDS.org). Thanks a bunch for your assistance. :)
davesudweeks

Re: What area of LDS.org (not LDS Tools), do Members find their Ministering Assignments?

Post by davesudweeks »

Unless things have changed recently, it is only available to members with non-leadership positions on LDSTools. If you don't have LDSTools, you will need to ask a member of your presidency to give you a printout of your assignment.
ELHawkes

Re: What area of LDS.org (not LDS Tools), do Members find their Ministering Assignments?

Post by ELHawkes »

Interesting, good to know. Do you know if there are plans to make Ministering assignments available on LDS.org for members with non-leadership positions?
Thanks again and for your quick reply to this topic.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I can see ministering assignments in the new beta directory, but since I have a leadership position I can't tell if that is why or if anyone can see them there.

Edit: After playing some more, I can see my assignments, those assigned to me and those assigned to families I'm assigned to, but no one else's so I would assume that I don't have special rights due to my calling.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

I just check the beta directory with my son's account and he was able to see our assignment and who is assigned to us but not anyone elses. So it looks like this is coming in the next version of the Directory unless something changes.
ELHawkes

Post by ELHawkes »

jonesrk wrote:I can see ministering assignments in the new beta directory, but since I have a leadership position I can't tell if that is why or if anyone can see them there.

Edit: After playing some more, I can see my assignments, those assigned to me and those assigned to families I'm assigned to, but no one else's so I would assume that I don't have special rights due to my calling.
Yes, it must be because you have a leadership position, because I can't see any option for viewing Ministering assignments when I look at the new beta directory.

Edit: Oh Wait, I found it in the new beta directory by clicking on my family and then my name and then selecting Ministering. :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ELHawkes wrote:I can't see any option for viewing Ministering assignments when I look at the new beta directory.
Same here.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ELHawkes

Post by ELHawkes »

Just in case you didn't see the last reply where I added an edit.
I found it in the new beta directory by clicking on my own family and then my name and then selecting Ministering.

Return to “Main Church Website”