store.lds.org not opening - blank screen

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
Nedloh_Deraj

store.lds.org not opening - blank screen

Post by Nedloh_Deraj »

I have been unable to access store.lds.org for I think a couple of weeks now. I had thought it was just my phone, but it is the same result trying to load the page using my desktop PC.

I sign-in to lds.org and then click to go to the online store, but all it does is open a blank webpage...the cursor gives no indication that it is in the process of loading (no donut of death!) and it is the same result if I try opening the store before signing in.

In addition, another member of my ward has just confirmed they are experiencing exactly the same issue.

I need materials for my ward pretty urgently, so a quick solution would be appreciated.

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: store.lds.org not opening - blank screen

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest trying a different browser or computer - one that usually doesn't go to lds.org.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Nedloh_Deraj

Post by Nedloh_Deraj »

Personally have tried Edge and Chrome. Also tried my phone and desktop pc. Other ward member has tried 3 different phones, 2 different PCs and tried Enterprise as well as Chrome.

I have also just had confirmed by two other ward members that they have been experiencing the same problem. No ward members have come back to me yet to say that it works for them.

Does it work for you? If so, I can only assume it is something wrong with store.lds.org that has relevance to location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Yes, it works fine for me. I'm able to go to store.lds.org, log in and go to Units and Callings > Wards, Branches, Stakes and Districts and look at the various "clerk" stuff.

My guess is there may be something funky with your unit that's causing problems.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Nedloh_Deraj

Post by Nedloh_Deraj »

Any idea who can fix the issue if it is a unit/location problem?

Ours is the only unit in the Isle of Man, which is its own country, so it may be that the Church software doesn't recognise the Isle of Man as a country... not the first time we have had this kind of issue with lds.org
Nedloh_Deraj

Post by Nedloh_Deraj »

Apparently, the Church still does not recognise the isles of the sea. Using a VPN app I can access store.lds.org by logging in from Germany
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Ok, so it's not a unit problem so much as a IP filtering issue. I'd contact support or use the feedback link at the bottom of the store page.

Edit: I notice that once I log in, I'm taken to "store.lds.org/usa/en". I'm not sure it's taking a clue from my IP or my login. In your case, it must be taking a hint from the IP (or else there's a local filter that you're bypassing by using the VPN).

Return to “Main Church Website”