FIR access for Stake Temple and Family History Consultant - FHC

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
lorismith44

FIR access for Stake Temple and Family History Consultant - FHC

Post by lorismith44 »

Are the Facility Issue Reporting system and the FIR app supposed to be accessible to the STFHC-FHC, formerly known as FHC Director?

On the FAQ page on LDS.org it lists FHC Director as one calling that should have access. Some 'directors' have said that since the calling name change they do not have access.

Is there a way to find out if this was a glitch because the calling name changed or an intentional change in which case the list on the FAQs should be updated.

Thanks!!
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: FIR access for Stake Temple and Family History Consultant - FHC

Post by jonesrk »

Those are two different positions. The STFHC-FHC is a position listed on the stake. The FHC Director is a position listed on the Family History Center itself. I think that might be the one that gives rights to FIR. If that's the case then the family history center position will have to be recorded. I'm not sure the process to record those, but it's not in LCR.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:If that's the case then the family history center position will have to be recorded. I'm not sure the process to record those, but it's not in LCR.
I've noticed the FHC is treated like another unit. If the stake can't update the callings directly, I suspect that will have to be recorded by the Family History Department. How the stake communicates that to them is another question.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
woodshed48

Post by woodshed48 »

Well this question is more than a year old, and the problem still exists. Although the FIR lists FHC Director as a position, it is no longer a calling. It is now Stake Temple and Family History Consultant-Family History Center. So having the clerk record the calling as FHC Director won't work. But FIR apparently doesn't recognize the new calling. In addition, as I was comparing the app vs. the online version, I was denied access in the app, but was granted access online. But I couldn't complete reporting an issue because the Issue Type and Issue Location were blank (I needed a dropdown menu), so I couldn't complete the issue request. Hopefully someone can offer me a solution.

Return to “Main Church Website”