Notification for "Study Notebook" is really, really annoying

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
jeffreydavidharris

Notification for "Study Notebook" is really, really annoying

Post by jeffreydavidharris »

So every time I am on LDS.org and I look at a conference talk or scriptures.lds.org, there is an annoying pop-up that blocks the text I want to look at. It mentions something about a study notebook. Every time. Please allow me to disable the notification. When I am researching for my classes it pops up every time. I don't want the function, I don't want to be reminded of it every time that I visit the scriptures because it takes time to close it.
davesudweeks

Re: Notification for "Study Notebook" is really, really annoying

Post by davesudweeks »

I don't use the study notebook, but if I am not logged in, it doesn't pop up for me.
You might try logging out while doing your research - you don't have to be logged in to view scriptures or conference talks.

This forum is user-to-user help. It is not an official support arm for the church. If you would like to get your request to someone who can direct the programmers to make a change, you should use the feedback link at the bottom of most pages on lds.org.
mevans

Re: Notification for "Study Notebook" is really, really annoying

Post by mevans »

I suggest you review some recent posts in the Notes, Journal, and Online Scriptures forum (https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=19). This is a known issue and was introduced recently. There are posts from me and others regarding this. It's annoying, and at this point, I'm not sure if it's going to get fixed because they're moving to the "New Experience" soon. (And, as suggested above, you should submit Feedback using the Feedback link a the bottom of the page.)

Return to “Main Church Website”