Individual conference talks - audio files

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
Jcsmart

Individual conference talks - audio files

Post by Jcsmart »

Hello, wondering if anyone can point me the right direction to find out when the Oct 2018 conference talks will be available. Not in group audio, but individual files where we can skip forward/backward between individual talks, not whole sessions of conference. I find this is very helpful in the car listening to talks.

Thank you in advance!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Individual conference talks - audio files

Post by sbradshaw »

If you look at previous conferences, for example the April 2018 conference, you will see a "Talks and Music" download link for each session (under the contextual three-dots menu). I'm guessing those links will be added sometime in the next week or two for the October 2018 conference.

Another option is to download the audio in Gospel Library – go to the list of talks under General Conference > October 2018, then tap the option in the top right to download all of the audio for the conference. The audio player in Gospel Library will automatically skip to the next audio item of the same "type" – so, if you start listening to a full session, when it gets to the end, it will skip to the next full session. If you start listening to a talk, it will auto-advance to each talk, skipping the full sessions.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
creeve4

Post by creeve4 »

I am also looking for the "Talks and Music" downloads. In the past they have been available within one week of the conference.
I have submitted feedback several times (always selecting "I would like someone to contact me regarding my feedback"), but have yet to receive a response. Are responses to feedback no longer provided?
creeve4

Post by creeve4 »

Today I received a response to by previous feedback submissions (maybe as a result of posting here?), it is quite disappointing:
Hello Chris,
Thank you for contacting us regarding the zip file for 2018 General Conference. Our tech department said that a zip file is not available. You can download the talks by session or individually by going to LDS.org or the Library app. We hope this will help you find and study what you would like.
Have a good day.
LDS.org Response Team
pcn
For all who value the "Talks and Music" download option, please submit feedback and request this great option for enjoying General Conference be made available again.
Jcsmart

Post by Jcsmart »

The "talks and music" option is now available on LDS.org !
Jcsmart

Post by Jcsmart »

It has been over a month and still no "audio and music only" option. This has been a great resource in the past. Hoping it is available soon!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I see audio for sessions and for individual talks.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Jcsmart

Post by Jcsmart »

Unfortunately there is not the same option as in previous conferences. If you click on the three vertical dots above each session, there should be an option to download the session "talks and music" only. This typically takes 2-3wk for the Church to post.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Jcsmart wrote:Unfortunately there is not the same option as in previous conferences.
Understood. But the church does change the format from time to time. If you go into the individual talk, you'll see the option to download just that talk. So, the files are there, but not all together for easy download.

If you want to continue this, I'd suggest using the feedback link on the web page. You may not get a response, but it will be sent tot he appropriate people for review. This forum is primarily user-to-user support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Main Church Website”