Online Store unit orders

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
drepouille

Online Store unit orders

Post by drepouille »

Which ward and stake callings have the ability to place a unit order on store.lds.org and bill the unit?

Related question: Who may purchase items at a Distribution Center retail location and bill their unit?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
eblood66

Re: Online Store unit orders

Post by eblood66 »

I don't know definitively but I think that only bishopric members, executive secretary and clerks (and equivalent at the stake level) can bill to the unit online. I've never seen evidence that other leaders can.

However, I've had YW Presidency members bill to the unit when purchasing in person (although that was probably 5-6 years ago or more). I live too far away from distribution centers now for anyone to visit in person for unit supplies so I don't have any recent experience.
nicolich28

Post by nicolich28 »

I have the ward clerk calling. I try to order for the ward unit, but by default, I am not able to see the option.

So, 1. Can I order for the church unit (not have to order with my personal card)

2. How do I do it? What are the steps?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

If you have the standard position of ward clerk and have had the calling recorded for more than 48 hours then you should have permissions to purchase from the online store for ward purchases. You must sign into the store even if yous used the link from LDS.org and while signed in there. Once signed onto the online store select "Units and Callings" from the menu bar to make unit orders.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Make sure you're logged in with your LDS account that has your membership number (it should also let you access LCR). Shop for what you need. When you get to the payment method during checkout, there should be an option to charge to the unit. The bishop's address should also be an option for shipment. You don't have to do anything special before checkout other than being logged in.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I experienced a problem previously with billing to the ward. I had to clear my browser history and cookies, and change the delivery address from my home to the bishop's home for it to work. I am ward clerk and the problems I began experiencing were after the latest store site update (these were the steps advised after I posted feedback on the store web page).

I hate to dump the administrative duty of carting ward materials to the church on the bishop, but if it has to be, it has to be... At a future time, I may try to revert to having ward materials delivered to my home, but have not taken that step yet.
klricks

Post by klricks »

If your enter lds.store from LCR then you must login again at lds.store in order to see the unit materials and have access to unit billing. You must login again even if you were already logged in at LCR.

At checkout after selecting bill to unit, you must enter an email address in the provided field. It is not obvious that email address is mandatory. If you leave it blank you can't continue with checkout and no indication is given as to what's wrong.
I made an order by personal CC and even submitted a trouble ticket before I figured that out.
Assistant Ward Clerk
Ebedex

Post by Ebedex »

As a Ward Clerk I have been unable to from the online store and assign our unit to be billed. I was confused at the four page address requirement. After providing the Bishops address on page one, my address on page two I was still unable to get the “continue” option to highlight. After putting the Bishop’s address, the same as on page one, into pages three and four the “continue” button highlighted. I am now allowed to assign payment to the unit. Seems to me to be overly redundant and unnecessary. Please enlighten me. I hope this will help another, thank you for time.

Ethan
jpjones~ogr

Post by jpjones~ogr »

If this issue hasn't been resolved, there should be a small drop-down box titled "Bill To" or something similar to that. It should appear after choosing delivery address and maybe another thing or two, but before submitting an order. Choose "Bill to Unit" or some similar verbiage, other than credit card (or something similar). If the drop-down box doesn't appear I recommend contacting the GSC for help.
tjpadua

Post by tjpadua »

Good day!

I just want to ask on how to pay the orders that I already placed in the LDS online store using my own LDS account?

Thank you.

Return to “Main Church Website”