Tracker while reading the scriptures

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
hkapoor

Tracker while reading the scriptures

Post by hkapoor »

Hi there,

When you go to the hymns online, there is a visually highlighted tracker that keeps the user in sync with the text and the music. I thought that this function could be useful when reading the scriptures online. Sometimes when I listen to my scriptures online and then hear something important, I have to search the verses to find that important note. However, a highlighted tracker would resolve this quickly. Has the Church tech team thought of this idea?

Kind regards,
Haami
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Tracker while reading the scriptures

Post by sbradshaw »

The highlighted tracker is only possible in the interactive music player because it's not an audio recording you're listening to, it's computer-generated audio. The computer is manually playing each note in the song, so it knows when each note starts and ends.

Doing the same thing in the scriptures would be possible with text-to-speech, but wouldn't be practical with a recording of a real person reading the chapter.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
hkapoor

Post by hkapoor »

Hi Samuel. The intent for the tracker is to work with text to speech. Do you if this is possible?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Yes, it is technically possible. It would be an interesting feature. I'd suggest sending it as feedback using the Feedback link at the bottom of LDS.org.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Main Church Website”