Rights for individuals in Custom Calling positions

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
ushinskyg

Rights for individuals in Custom Calling positions

Post by ushinskyg »

Hello,

One of the help pages stated: "Custom positions are not recognized by Church Internet applications and may affect the member’s ability to use the applications. If possible, use an existing standard position instead of creating a custom position."

We have a large primary and an Assistant Primary Secretary was called, that is not a standard calling. Has anyone found a way to provide such individuals with needed access to the resources required for the calling? Or is the only option for those individuals to work with someone in the standard calling to get what is needed

Thank you.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Rights for individuals in Custom Calling positions

Post by jonesrk »

Since all rights in LCR are managed by calling and there is no way for LCR to know what a custom calling means, they will have to work with someone in a standard calling to get what they need.
ushinskyg

Post by ushinskyg »

Thank you for the response, Ryan.

I can see how this may not work well for Bishoprics, where the bishop, counselors, various clerks and the executive secretary all have different levels of access. But what about auxiliary presidencies (RS, Primary, etc) where the same level of access is given to the entire group? Are there any issues with doing it that way?

Thank you.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

The system hasn't been built that way, so for your current needs that wouldn't work. I would suggest submitting that idea as feedback in LCR.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You can submit it as a suggestion, but given the laws governing private information, I'd think the church would be leery about allowing local leaders to grant access for callings not specified in the Handbook.

Even if the suggestion is acted upon, I doubt if it would be implemented in a trim frame that would be useful to you. All I can suggest is to shuffle the responsibilities of the assistant to minimize the need for that information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Main Church Website”