Missionary Email System

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
erickwills

Missionary Email System

Post by erickwills »

I have tried for 12 hours to send email to a missionary serving in the states. I am not sure about internationally, but none of the email is getting through regardless of what email service I use to send the email to the myldsmail.net recipient.
hubbardn

Re: Missionary Email System

Post by hubbardn »

There are several parents that have missionaries serving in the Frankfurt Germany Mission that have had emails returned this week as un-deliverable.
ahhboo

Post by ahhboo »

Today, it appears that none of the missionaries in the Cambodia Phnom Penh mission can access their email accounts. I suspect this is related to the change from myldsmail.net to missionary.org The get the following error message: "Gsuite This service cannot be accessed because your login request contained invalid recipient information. Please log in and try again.
We are unable to process your request at this time, please try again later."
Attachments
Capture.PNG
(25.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest working though the mission to get to tech support. This forum is primarily user-to-user support.

I'll note that Cambodia is "tomorrow" when compared to Salt Lake. That may limit what support may be available "today" (Sunday).

It's also possible that the problem is due to ordination of the cut-over and perhaps everything will resolve itself come Tuesday Cambodia time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

ahhboo wrote:I suspect this is related to the change from myldsmail.net to missionary.org
I haven't heard about this change. If I go to missionary.org, I get a server not found error. Where are you seeing missionary.org?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
monkeynaleo

Post by monkeynaleo »

All Missionary email accounts are being moved from the domain myldsmail.net to Missionary.org. I do know that the changes have not fully happened, but should be done over the next few days. Also, emails sent to the old myldsmail.net addresses are going to be forwarded to the new address, to help prevent confusion.

-Elder Hyde
Utah Ogden Mission
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:
ahhboo wrote:If I go to missionary.org, I get a server not found error.
There's no IP assignment for missionary.org (or www.missionary.org). But mail.missionary.org works.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
shennybaby1

Post by shennybaby1 »

i am trying to log on to mail.missionary.org and all that pops up is a red box in the corner saying " an error has occurred". i have tried going at it from different directions to get on the missionary email, but it comes to that every time. the missionary portal works and the internet, but not the email. it doesn't work trying to go through the myldsmail.net either.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

There was an error with missionary email this morning. It was resolved about 15 minutes ago.
Jrlindo

Post by Jrlindo »

My son is in the California Newport Beach mission. He got up this morning to send his p-day email and his email has been “disabled”. No other missionaries in his area are experiencing the same problem. How can he get that fixed without losing contacts or emails from the last year?

Return to “Main Church Website”