English LDS.org website

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
edh1

English LDS.org website

Post by edh1 »

I am on the English version and want to watch a new video " am I good enough" . I am then sent to the German version, and get a message "oops site not found"

Why am I directed to the German site, and how can I stop this nonsense?

Cheers,

Eckhard :shock:
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: English LDS.org website

Post by aebrown »

edh1 wrote:Why am I directed to the German site...?
You are directed to the German site, because German is the celestial language (see President Uchtdorf's statement to that effect here). :D
edh1 wrote:I am on the English version and want to watch a new video " am I good enough" . I am then sent to the German version, and get a message "oops site not found"
But all joking aside, I'd love to help you, but it's not clear to me what steps you are following. When I go to the English page for that video, I am at this web address:

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video ... h?lang=eng

Is that what you see in your brower's address bar? Or are you getting to that video some other way?

You say "I am then sent to the German version". Is that when you do some sort of action, or does it happen automatically?

When I am on that page and then try to change the language to Deutsch (using the language dropdown at the top right of the page), I do indeed get the German "page not found" error ("Seite nicht gefunden"). That's presumably because that particular video has not been translated into German, and thus is not too surprising. But I'm guessing that you're not explicitly choosing that language.

With other reports of an unexpected language being selected on LDS.org, some users have reported success with clearing their browser cookies (either all cookies, or if you know how to clear cookies for just one site, all *.lds.org cookies). You might try that.

Return to “Main Church Website”