LDS.org SSO and Google Chrome

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
emckirdy

LDS.org SSO and Google Chrome

Post by emckirdy »

I changed my LDS.org SSO password a few months ago, and Chrome persists in keeping the old password, never prompts me to remember the new one, and I’ve even gone into Chrome settings and told it to ‘forget’ the LDS.org sign-on credentials. Despite all of this, whenever I go to sign on to LDS.org, it remembers my old password. How do I overcome this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS.org SSO and Google Chrome

Post by russellhltn »

I'd look around chrome and make sure it's not remembering another lds website. You might also want to delete any cookies for lds.org.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Re: LDS.org SSO and Google Chrome

Post by drepouille »

I recently changed my LDS Account password as well. When I signed in for the first time using my new password, I had to watch for the pop-up message from Chrome that asked if I wanted to save the new password that I had just entered. It only appears for a few seconds, so it is easy to miss.

You can manage your Chrome passwords at chrome://settings/passwords. However, if you use your LDS Account password on multiple computers, you will need to sync your Google passwords so every computer is updated with the new password.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Main Church Website”