printed SS lessons poorly formatted

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the LDS.org website.
craniac

printed SS lessons poorly formatted

Postby craniac » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:56 am

When I select "print" for a Sunday School lesson, the formatting is messed up, with lots of white space and broken bulleted lists. See attached

lesson_35.pdf
(39.43 KiB) Downloaded 84 times

I usually just highlight and copy a lesson, paste it in Word, and format it by hand, then print.

drepouille

Re: printed SS lessons poorly formatted

Postby drepouille » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:57 pm

I am running Windows 10. I tested a print preview of lesson 35 (teacher's manual) using Chrome, Edge, and IE. I tested with different printer drivers, including PDF drivers. I could not find a combination that looks like the PDF you posted. Perhaps if you tried a different browser, or a different printer or PDF driver, you might see different results?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:32 pm

From the headers, it looks like the PDF was created by either Chrome or Safari on a Mac.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

nmecantwin73

Postby nmecantwin73 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:01 am

The attached example appears to be printed from Chrome - the same thing happened to me (on a Windows 7 computer). If you see this, in the print dialog, select "More Settings" on the left side, then select the check box next to "Background Graphics" to check or uncheck the box until the preview shows the missing parts of the page. Not sure why this happens, but this allows it to print.

Return to “LDS.org Website”