TOOLS AND SUPPORT < LUFAS (Local Unit Financial Auditing System) : Auto-save (Data Loss) ERROR

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the LDS.org website.
bsaunders8

TOOLS AND SUPPORT < LUFAS (Local Unit Financial Auditing System) : Auto-save (Data Loss) ERROR

Postby bsaunders8 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:44 pm

FYI -

On the updated LUFAS graphical user interface (GUI), the auto-save feature which occurs continuously during data entry - constantly erases/loses previously completed text in text field(s) on the interface/webpage, and at the same time often would log out of LUFAS.

On SEVERAL occasions I lost the majority of the text I typed into a text field - and had to recreate the text from the audit materials in front of me - either when the page finally decided to refresh, or after was forced to log in again!

There is the risk that the audits currently being performed will experience data loss during/after the audit is completed (due to how the LUFAS GUI/webpage is rendering while the audit is being completed online).

Unfortunately, it appears that this upgrade to the LUFAS interface was rushed through use case/user acceptance testing.

On one occasion, I went to review the audit in its entirety with the Bishop, after I "completed" the audit (this is why I mentioned use cases previously, b/c I went ahead and "re-opened the audit in order to view all of the data entered for the audit to review with the Bishop - just in case of the need to update risk question responses, etc.) - and in the process noticed that more than half of the Tithes and Offerings audit information was deleted!

(I don't recall, but I believe I was performing the audit in a Firefox browser). Since LUFAS does not appear to have any "click here to share feedback" links - I'm hoping this will at least be seen by a church employee/developer.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: TOOLS AND SUPPORT < LUFAS (Local Unit Financial Auditing System) : Auto-save (Data Loss) ERROR

Postby jdlessley » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:30 am

bsaunders8 wrote:Since LUFAS does not appear to have any "click here to share feedback" links - I'm hoping this will at least be seen by a church employee/developer.

It is not likely this thread will be seen by a developer or anyone with authority to take action. Even though LUFAS does not have a feedback link you can submit feedback through the LDS.org feedback link for the LUFAS issue.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

Return to “LDS.org Website”