Patriarchal blessing page NOT working

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Patriarchal blessing page NOT working

Post by russellhltn »

Did you click on "My Blessings" in the graphic?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Patriarchal blessing page NOT working

Post by rmrichesjr »

The following suggestions were sent as a Private Message, but in case they might be of use to someone else who finds this thread, here they are:

I went to the Patriarchal Blessing page myself, and for me there is text in front of the image. There's a chance the problematic symptoms you are seeing can be eliminated by doing some combination of one or more of the following: 1) Full reload, Control-Shift-R in Firefox and (I think) Chrome, don't know in IE; 2) clear your browser cache (usually in the advanced settings page); 3) delete your browser cookies (also usually in the advanced setting page). If that does not work, please file a bug report using the Feedback link/button on the page or on the main lds.org page. In your bug report, please give as much detail as you can and explain that you have done the three steps above.

If you happen to be comfortable using the web developer tools in your browser (Firefox and Chrome, don't know about IE), you can investigate the issue yourself and greatly increase the chance the bug report will be escalated to the site developers. You can use the 'Inspect' or 'Inspect Element' feature to examine the Domain Object Model for the page and sleuth out the situation. I did that for a bug with similar symptoms on FamilySearch, and it boiled down to a style="display:none" bug. With that specific information, the bug report was immediately escalated and was fixed on the site within a couple of weeks.

In any case, I hope you are successful in getting the problem resolved.

Return to “Main Church Website”