Reminder for Temple Recommend Expiration

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the LDS.org website.
pawkits

Reminder for Temple Recommend Expiration

Postby pawkits » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:05 pm

Our bishop announced that there was a spot on the church web site were we could sign up for a reminder for when our temple recommend expires. I looked tonight and I can't find anywhere that allows us to get this reminder. Can anyone tell me where to go to set this up?

eblood66

Re: Reminder for Temple Recommend Expiration

Postby eblood66 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:45 am

I'm not aware of any reminder available on the website. However, the newest version of the Android LDS Tools does provide a setting to give a reminder. It's under Settings from the menu. I don't know if the IOS version has the same feature yet.

Biggles

Postby Biggles » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:17 am

eblood66 wrote:I'm not aware of any reminder available on the website. However, the newest version of the Android LDS Tools does provide a setting to give a reminder. It's under Settings from the menu. I don't know if the IOS version has the same feature yet.

The IOS version of LDS Tools, did for a short while, have the option to set a date reminder. However, at the moment, that option appears to have been withdrawn.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:58 am

eblood66 wrote:I'm not aware of any reminder available on the website. However, the newest version of the Android LDS Tools does provide a setting to give a reminder.

The Android reminder works well. Since the timing was right, I set mine for 8 weeks and the reminder popped up right on schedule. I then selected remind me again, and another reminder popped up 4 weeks later.

I will probably forget that I set it, and be pleasantly surprised in two years. But I keep a reminder in my real calendar, just in case.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:17 pm

lajackson wrote:I will probably forget that I set it, and be pleasantly surprised in two years. But I keep a reminder in my real calendar, just in case.

It would be my luck that the flag got reset on a upgrade or uninstall/reinstall.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:05 pm

russellhltn wrote:It would be my luck that the flag got reset on a upgrade or uninstall/reinstall.

Hence my real calendar entry. I've see how things go with the various apps around here and, to be fair, elsewhere, as well. [smile]

Return to “LDS.org Website”