New My Account and Ward Menu

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the LDS.org website.
mevans

New My Account and Ward Menu

Postby mevans » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:21 am

Today I encountered a new My Account and Ward menu at lds.org. The menu now has very few items on it and a blue button that takes you to a My Account and Ward page (http://abn.ldschurch.org/pgs/lds-account/v2.html).

I'm guessing this is an attempt to help church members discover information available to them by going to a page with more information about the tools; however, I really miss the old menu. It was a quick launch to many places I need to go. Now I have to load another page and possibly scroll the page to find the links I want (or maybe I'll have to start doing bookmarks to lds.org sites in my browser). This extra page load will be especially painful at church with a often-slow internet connection. It will force me to load another page on my way to where I'm trying to go and then I need to find the link on the page.

I don't mind the new page, but I wish the button taking you to the page was added to the My Account and Ward menu without removing the items that previously existed.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: New My Account and Ward Menu

Postby lajackson » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:56 am

mevans wrote:I don't mind the new page, but I wish the button taking you to the page was added to the My Account and Ward menu without removing the items that previously existed.

I hear you, but in my case it appears that the five items that do appear are the ones I use most frequently, so there is hardly a change for me.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:57 am

mevans wrote:Today I encountered a new My Account and Ward menu at lds.org.

Hmm. They must be doing some A/B testing where only some fraction of the users see the new menu. I still see the menu that's been in place for a long time.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:03 am

aebrown wrote:Hmm. They must be doing some A/B testing where only some fraction of the users see the new menu.

Well then, am I an A or a B? [grin]

I am signed in, so immediately I see links for Directory, Calendar, Donations, Meetinghouse Locator, and Leader and Clerk Resources. Then there is a Sign Out button, and finally a link that says Find More Tools Here: My Account and Ward.

The new My Account and Ward page seems to be pretty well organized, and includes about everything you might wish to do.

eblood66

Postby eblood66 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:05 am

lajackson wrote:I hear you, but in my case it appears that the five items that do appear are the ones I use most frequently, so there is hardly a change for me.

Same here. The only other ones I use with some frequency are CDOL and the distribution center. But I use them much less than the 5 they choose. And I usually just type cdol.lds.org or store.lds.org anyway (with Chrome history I usually only have to type the first 2 or 3 letters to get the entry I want).

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:30 am

I'm seeing two different versions of the new menu in two different browsers – Safari and Chrome on macOS. Interesting...
I like Style 2 better than Style 1 (see screenshots) – the design, the punctuation (there shouldn't be a hyphen in "Sign In"), and the fact that your name is visible.
Attachments
Style 1 Signed In.png
Style 1 Signed In.png (140.98 KiB) Viewed 149 times
Style 1.png
Style 1.png (93.19 KiB) Viewed 149 times
Style 2 Signed In.png
Style 2 Signed In.png (156.7 KiB) Viewed 149 times
Style 2.png
Style 2.png (162.35 KiB) Viewed 149 times
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

mfmohlma

Postby mfmohlma » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:51 am

I'm seeing "Style 1" with the difference that my name (and "person" icon) is over the "Sign-Out" button.

mevans

Postby mevans » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:26 pm

This morning I saw style #2. I'm logged in to a different computer right now and see the good ol' menu back.

Some of the ones I use frequently that aren't on the menu include: Notes, Ward Map, CDOL, and FIR.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:03 am

And today for me the old drop down menu appears and it is as if it was all a dream and nothing really happened yesterday. Wish I could say that for a few other things is my life right now. [smile]

Return to “LDS.org Website”