Meetinghouse Locator Questions

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the LDS.org website.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Meetinghouse Locator Questions

Postby aebrown » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:31 pm

jbh001 wrote:That doesn't seem to really work. I tried it using my old address in Logan, Utah, and it only told me where the closest meetinghouses were, not which ward the address pertained to. Specifically, 4 units meet in the closest meetinghouse, but it didn't indicate or suggest to which of those 4 units I should be assigned. Am I missing something?

Edit: Yes, I am missing something. I forgot to scroll down. It listed 5 units my old address belonged to. Curiously it left off the "student single" and "single adult" wards my address would belong to, but included the "student married" ward, hmmm...

Does it max out at 5 units? or only list one type of student ward? or only one type of singles ward? or ...
(And, yes, that is a topic for a different thread.)

This is probably a better forum for these questions.

I don't know if there is a maximum number of assigned congregations, but it certainly isn't 5. For my home address, the locator lists 8 different congregations. Aside from my ward (which is a regular ward), it lists a YSA, a Tongan/YSA, a Student Single, and wards for Spanish, Tongan, Samoan, and Portuguese.

Just for fun, I tried out my old BYU apartment's address. I got 8 results, including a regular ward, YSA, student married, student single, Tongan/YSA, Tongan, Samoan, and Spanish. I tried an address a block away, and that address didn't list a Student Single, but did list the other 7 wards.

So I did see one oddity -- the absence of a Student Single ward in the heart of a BYU housing area -- but if there are limitations, they are not any of the simple limitations you speculated about.

Return to “LDS.org Website”