Church Country Sites

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
michaelcox

Church Country Sites

Post by michaelcox »

LDS.org contains tons and tons of info. Living in the US I am interested in the Country Sites (found at http://www.lds.org/portal/site/LDSOrg/m ... &locale=0).

What are the long term plans of these sites? Once LUWS are world-wide, will this be the source for their "Church wide events"? Will these just be integrated in LDS.org? Any thoughts for a US website in addition to the "Global" LDS.org (LDS.us?)

Is the same group that does LDS.org over the other sites?
Thanks,

Michael H. Cox
greenwoodkl

Post by greenwoodkl »

I can't speak to most of your questions, but it is my understanding that Country Sites are managed under the direction of the Area Presidency over each country with such a site. I too wonder about how the Church plans to best provide resources to people around the world, especially to those countries with both a country site and their language available in the eventual site-wide localization of LDS.org. How can the country sites be meshed with LDS.org in a way so as to not confuse the end-user, avoid duplication by providing globally translated materials, and provide the greatest amount of resources (local and global) to those who visit a local country site.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

kgthunder wrote:I can't speak to most of your questions, but it is my understanding that Country Sites are managed under the direction of the Area Presidency over each country with such a site. I too wonder about how the Church plans to best provide resources to people around the world, especially to those countries with both a country site and their language available in the eventual site-wide localization of LDS.org. How can the country sites be meshed with LDS.org in a way so as to not confuse the end-user, avoid duplication by providing globally translated materials, and provide the greatest amount of resources (local and global) to those who visit a local country site.
This strategy is still being flushed out. I don't have more details than that to share.

Tom
ejcosta

Developing Coutry Site for Portugal

Post by ejcosta »

Hi,

I'm starting to develop a country site for Portugal. I remember that, when I first got involved in this project, there was a web site with all the latest web page templates and other conformance information on the layout and contents of the country sites. Can anyone provide the url for that site?

Thanks,
Eurico Costa

Return to “Main Church Website”