Global features needed for all languages

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
TeJayRogers

Global features needed for all languages

Post by TeJayRogers »

I am a native English speaker who served a Spanish mission. I am currently serving in a Spanish ward in my stake. There has been a big push over the last year to get members to use online resources and I was asked to teach a class on how to use lds.org. As I prepared for this class I was dismayed to find that a lot of the features you find on the top right "user" menu in English aren't present when you switch the site to Spanish. For example: In English there is a link to "Mobile applications" and when you switch to Spanish this link is gone. My Spanish brethren will be hard pressed to find the useful applications the church has provided. Applications that I know you can use in Spanish. There are many more examples but the bottom line is Spanish members (and most likely other languages) don't have access to the same tools as English members and it is a real bummer. I imagine there are a lot of things that determine why the site is this way. None the less, I wanted to put in my vote to make all lds tools available and easily accessible to all of the members of the church. Regardless of language. Let's make these things global.

One last note: There appears to be a glitch on the "My account" menu in Spanish. The link for Leader and clerk resources shows up twice (Fuentes de recursos para lideres y secretarios). FYI.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Global features needed for all languages

Post by sbradshaw »

Also, highlighting and annotating scriptures on LDS.org only works in English.
The best way to get these thoughts to the designers and product managers is to send feedback using the link at the bottom of LDS.org. From there, service missionaries will route them to the best place.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Global features needed for all languages

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:Also, highlighting and annotating scriptures on LDS.org only works in English.
That could be a content formatting issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Main Church Website”