ASL General Conference music

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the LDS.org website.
sbradshaw

ASL General Conference music

Postby sbradshaw » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:42 pm

I was able to attend one of the General Conference sessions at the Conference Center, and I saw that there was a screen set up where members could watch a live interpretation of the session in American Sign Language. The ASL interpretation included not only the talks, but also the hymns that were sung.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find the recordings in ASL of the hymns from this General Conference, or even previous conferences – I'm not having any luck finding them on LDS.org.

I did find some ASL recordings of hymns from past conferences on the MormonMessagesINTL channel, but they're not posted consistently. And YouTube doesn't provide videos for download.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: ASL General Conference music

Postby russellhltn » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:05 pm

sbradshaw wrote:I was able to attend one of the General Conference sessions at the Conference Center, and I saw that there was a screen set up where members could watch a live interpretation of the session in American Sign Language. The ASL interpretation included not only the talks, but also the hymns that were sung.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find the recordings in ASL of the hymns from this General Conference, or even previous conferences – I'm not having any luck finding them on LDS.org.

Did you try and pull up General Conference in ASL?
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

sbradshaw

Re: ASL General Conference music

Postby sbradshaw » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:14 pm

Yes, here's the page for this conference:
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2016/10?lang=eng&clang=ase
and last conference:
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2016/04?lang=eng&clang=ase

"Watch" doesn't work for me, and the only download options (video or MP3) for the music are in English without ASL (after clicking the Show Music toggle).

I can download a full session in ASL, or watch it on YouTube, but the individual songs aren't split out.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “LDS.org Website”