Italian Audio

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the LDS.org website.
marieallison

Italian Audio

Postby marieallison » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:23 pm

Hello. My name is Marie Allison and I am trying to listen to the Book of Mormon in Italian, but, for some reason it does not work. I installed the Gospel Library app in my pc and in my cell phone, but, the audio for the scriptures does not work. I went to LDS.ORG to try to listen to it, but, it does not have the option to listen to it. Is there anything you can do to help me? or what can I do? I am learning Italian and I know it will be beneficial to listen to the Scriptures in Italian...I hope somebody can help me....Thanks...

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Italian Audio

Postby russellhltn » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:28 pm

marieallison wrote:I went to LDS.ORG to try to listen to it, but, it does not have the option to listen to it.

That probably means the church does not have audio scriptures in that language. That would also explain why you can't do it in LDS Tools.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:34 pm

Yes, the Church has not produced audio recordings of the Book of Mormon in Italian. If your computer has text-to-speech, you could use this workaround:
http://iuseacomputer.tumblr.com/post/32 ... -to-speech
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

marianomarini

Postby marianomarini » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:09 am

marieallison wrote:I am learning Italian and I know it will be beneficial to listen to the Scriptures in Italian...

Be aware that electronic Italian pronunciation is very often wrong (especially the inflection).
Es.: Fòrmica = wood material, Formìca = ant.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:51 am

My text-to-speech does pronounce those words differently. I imagine sometimes accents are left off in informal writing, which could cause problems, but as long as the accent is written, my computer recognizes and pronounces the difference. So, I can vouch for Mac's text-to-speech at least.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

marianomarini

Postby marianomarini » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:55 am

Yes. All is demanded to speech program. Just to be aware of it.
Sei già in Italia o pensi di venirci?
Now I see your name. Are you here in Vicenza or is a homonymy matter?

marieallison

Postby marieallison » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:41 am

I will try those options. Thank you everybody.....

Return to “LDS.org Website”