Ward Website Administrator

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the LDS.org website.
wrigjef

Ward Website Administrator

Postby wrigjef » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:49 am

Is the ward website administrator a calling or just an access level? I just went through the leadership directories of each unit in my stake and no-one has a website administrator.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Ward Website Administrator

Postby aebrown » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:39 am

wrigjef wrote:Is the ward website administrator a calling or just an access level? I just went through the leadership directories of each unit in my stake and no-one has a website administrator.

It's an actual standard calling. Its actual title is "Website Administrator" and appears in the "Other Callings" section of the Directory under "Ward Leaders."

It's a purely optional calling -- a ward clerk or executive secretary can perform all the same functions, so some wards choose to just have one or both of those brothers perform those functions. But if you want someone else to help with administering the Calendar or Directory (particularly the photos) or Newsletter or Lesson Schedules, then a ward can share the load by calling someone to be the Website Administrator (and that calling can be given to a sister, unlike the other callings that grant default administrator permissions). In my stake about half the wards have someone in that position.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:56 am

It's an interesting situation in that it is a standard calling, but i don't think it appears anyhere in the Handbook. Normally, callings have to be mentioned in the Handbook to get on the list as a standard.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:58 pm

russellhltn wrote:It's an interesting situation in that it is a standard calling, but i don't think it appears anyhere in the Handbook. Normally, callings have to be mentioned in the Handbook to get on the list as a standard.

One of these days the LDS apps and LDS.org tools will get a shoutout in the Handbook.
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

Return to “LDS.org Website”