Login from phone rejected

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
alandd

Login from phone rejected

Post by alandd »

My bishop called me with a odd problem. When he logs into lds.org on his phone, it appears to accept his credentials but then goes back to the login screen. He cannot use lds.org on his phone because he cannot login. He knows the password is correct because it works in a desktop browser.

I'm thinking I need to help him clear his phone browser cookies and cache. Anyone have other ideas?

He has an Android phone, I don't know the version, etc. but could go research that.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Login from phone rejected

Post by russellhltn »

Since you say it appears to accept it, can he browse from there and get where he needs to go? Usually you get to the login screen from somewhere else - such as lds.org. Once you log in, it takes you back there. But he might have bookmarked the login page - in which case it has no where to take him.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
alandd

Post by alandd »

I don't know the answer to your question since I only spoke to him on the phone. I'll see what I can do when I am in-person with him tomorrow.
sgilchrist

Post by sgilchrist »

I have a similar problem. Since about October or November, I have been unable to access the calendar functions on LDS.org using Safari on my iPhone 6s Plus.

If I use a third-party browser such as Chrome or Dolphin, I can access the calendar functions just fine. I have cleared the cache of all browser data and I can still login, browse ward directory and other logged-in functions, but Safari hangs when I tap Calendar.

As executive secretary this is a pain, although I can use the Chrome, Opera etc. workaround. Can you help me solve?
alandd

Post by alandd »

My bishop solved his problem in an extreme way. Before I could try anything specific with his phone he visited his service provider. His phone was generally slow and laggy. So the service person wiped the phone to factory settings. After that he hasn't had any trouble accessing LDS.org. And his other phone issues have gone away.

sgilchrist, I was going to try erasing the cache, history and cookies of the browser. If that didn't work you could uninstall the browser and then reinstall. Except iPhones don't allow removal of Safari.

Sorry, that's all I can suggest at present.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Make sure that Private Browsing isn't turned on.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
alandd

Post by alandd »

Ah, that's a good point to remember.

Return to “Main Church Website”