Submit a Patriarchal Blessing recommend trough LCR

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Submit a Patriarchal Blessing recommend trough LCR

Post by russellhltn »

cguzman wrote:I've since talked with our Stake president and the Stake clerk and they are both looking into this to see if there's a way to activate this for our Stake.
Have them visit the Official Communication Library (letters.lds.org) and search for "Patriarchal Blessing". My stake has one dated January 2015. It contains the instructions for activating it.

I noticed it was initially announced in Feb 2011, so roll out must be pretty slow. The roll out appears to be done by area, so if your neighboring stake has it, I think there's a good chance it's in place for you and the Stake President just has to follow the letter.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
garrb1

Post by garrb1 »

I am a bishop and don't see under "applications" a place to submit a patriarchal blessing recommend. I see where you go to "patriarchal blessing submission" but not for recommends. The "help" area of the LDS.com website is of very little help honestly. Very frustrating. Not a day of "peace and rest." lol. Thanks for any help.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

garrb1 wrote:I am a bishop and don't see under "applications" a place to submit a patriarchal blessing recommend.
Your stake needs to be a participating stake (all are eligible) and also needs to have activated the recommend system for you to be able to use it. You might visit with your stake clerk or president to see if that has happened for your stake. Or your patriarch will also know if he is submitting blessings electronically yet.
garrb1

Post by garrb1 »

Web page "Patriarchal Blessing Submission page: Where it says "Request" "View" "Submit" . Evidently "Submit" means you can submit a recommend (not made really clear here), not submit a patriarchal blessing (as in the patriarch). Simplifying has made things confusing. Even the help section of the Help area doesn't provide any info on how to submit a recommend. I find it funny that there's a forum for that sort of thing. Looks like I'll be looking for info on the forum vs the help area.
collinlambourne

Post by collinlambourne »

Any knowledge of when the full functionality of the "Submit" function will be available around the world. I'm in London, England, and I can get to the website, but there's nothing on the website that links me to any kind of useful submission or request form.
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

Any knowledge of when the full functionality of the "Submit" function will be available around the world. I'm in London, England, and I can get to the website, but there's nothing on the website that links me to any kind of useful submission or request form.
I am in Leicester and we can submit through LCR, I would have thought it would be available to you.

What is your calling?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

collinlambourne wrote:Any knowledge of when the full functionality of the "Submit" function will be available around the world. I'm in London, England, and I can get to the website, but there's nothing on the website that links me to any kind of useful submission or request form.
After the stake president authorizes the electronic patriarchal blessing process for his stake, the submit function becomes available to the units in his stake.
profnkoro

Post by profnkoro »

my stake president have log in with his LDS Account and went through the patriarchal blessing webpage, but there is no where to authorise that in his stake, please is there any assistance and or processes on how to resolve this? Also this is also of my concern which i do need help- "Please can someone help with a Patriarchal Blessing template/form either in pdf or word format to enable me assist my Patriarch in type and edit his work and print directly instead of after typing print it on a headed paper being customized, Please assistance greatly be appreciated. thanks?.
gdcall

Post by gdcall »

i am the new stake clerk of a newly organized stake and the previous stake was using the electronic submission for the Patriarchal Blessing submitting. but i do not know how to activate this for our new stake.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

gdcall wrote:i am the new stake clerk of a newly organized stake and the previous stake was using the electronic submission for the Patriarchal Blessing submitting. but i do not know how to activate this for our new stake.
I think the stake president has to go in and do it.

Return to “Main Church Website”