Music section no longer useful

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
repeal17thamendment

Re: Music section no longer useful

Post by repeal17thamendment »

The music section is very very difficult to use because the hymn page is displayed as FLASH content, and even on my large monitor I always have to scroll down near the end of every verse because the hymns don't fit the page.

Playing the words and music together is not helpful because if you're on verse 3 and want to start verse 3 over again, you CAN'T. You have to start over with verse 1.
mevans

Re: Music section no longer useful

Post by mevans »

If you're playing parts, the player automatically scrolls for you. I haven't tried the music only or music + words options until today and now I see that it does not automatically scroll.

I, too, have a large monitor and am often times frustrated that LDS.org seems to think everyone is on a phone or a tablet these days (which they probably are) and I can't effectively use my large monitor on many pages on lds.org.

I suggest submitting feedback of your frustrations. Use the Feedback link at the bottom of the music player. That's the proper way to voice your opinions to those to make decisions. I'm guessing with Flash's continuing saga of problems (Firefox blocks it by default now) that the church is going to have to come up with some plans to replace all flash content. Your feedback may be valuable input to their decisions.

Overall, though, I really like the music player. It's a great tool and I'd hate to see it go away. As far as I know, it's only available in English. Be grateful for what we have (and submit Feedback for what we don't have).

Return to “Main Church Website”