Sunday School Family History Class?

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
brotherhill

Sunday School Family History Class?

Post by brotherhill »

According to the "Instructions for Curriculum 2015", the Family History class (approved up through 2014) was an option as a Sunday School class. However, it is not listed on this year's approved Sunday School optional classes. Was there a policy change with this, or was it a simple oversight to be listed on this year's curriculum list?

Thanks,
John
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Sunday School Family History Class?

Post by russellhltn »

Looking at Instructions for Curriculum 2015, I see a listing in the second to last "optional" class named "Temple and Family History" that uses the Member’s Guide to Temple and Family History Work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
brotherhill

Post by brotherhill »

Thank you. I was looking at the online list, accessed here: https://www.lds.org/manual/2015?lang=eng

The online list does not list the Family History manual under other optional courses. It must have been an unidentified mistake!

Thanks again!
John
brotherhill

Post by brotherhill »

Side note: The manual is also not listed among the manuals for optional courses, located here: https://www.lds.org/manual/optional-courses?lang=eng

If these needed changes can be forwarded to those who have the power to correct them, it would help myself and others more easily identify the class manual and know it is an optional resource.

John
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The best place to report problems with content on LDS.org is through the Feedback link at the bottom of the page with the problem (at the very bottom, near the world map). That will be forwarded more directly to the appropriate team.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mdwinger

Post by mdwinger »

In a special meeting at RootsTech 2016 the Stake Presidents attended a special meeting where we thought an announcement was made that the 12 or 13 week Family History class was no longer a valid class. Instead was to get the students immediately on the computer looking for names.

Was this correct, am I remembering correct?

Please advise us

MD Winger
Magna, Utah
kellymab

Post by kellymab »

According to the Instructions for Curriculum 2016 guide
(https://www.lds.org/manual/2016?lang=eng) family history is no longer a class. It was previously listed in the 2015 guide.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kellymab wrote:According to the Instructions for Curriculum 2016 guide
(https://www.lds.org/manual/2016?lang=eng) family history is no longer a class. It was previously listed in the 2015 guide.
You're off by a year. It was listed in the 2014 guide, but not in 2015 (nor 2016).
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Our HPGL and his wife are teaching the Temple Preparation class in the RS room on Sunday evenings. The HPGL also coordinated the creation of a Family History class at my home on Thursday evenings. My wife is a former FHC director, and a current FamilySearch missionary, and I have several old laptops in my home for the students to use.
It is extremely difficult to access FamilySearch on Sundays at the meetinghouse, due to a slow DSL modem trying to provide service to all the personal electronic devices in use.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Main Church Website”