Fullscreen video issues AND Feedback issues

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
bweggersen

Fullscreen video issues AND Feedback issues

Post by bweggersen »

Hi!

I was trying to use the feedback feature on lds.org but I got the error message attached. What I was trying to say in my feedback is related to an issue with fullscreen video in Chrome. I'm posting it here, hoping someone who can do something about it will see it:
I just watched the video about Elder Perry: https://www.lds.org/prophets-and-apostl ... _&lang=eng

When I try to view the video in fullscreen, my browser goes into fullscreen, but the video stays the same size as when it was minimized, appearing in the top left corner of my fullscreen window. I'm using Google Chrome Version 43.0.2357.73 beta (64-bit) on a Mac OS X v 10.10.3.

Brightcove, the provider of the video plattform, says on their "Compatibility and Known Issues" website:
Fullscreen display
In newer browsers that support the fullscreen API, it's necessary to apply in-page CSS rules to ensure the player is scaled to 100% when switching to fullscreen. Otherwise, the player will appear at the original size within the fullscreen display. For details, see the Fullscreen display topic in the Size the Player document.
http://docs.brightcove.com/en/perform/b ... ssues.html

If you give this information to the people technically responsible for the website, they will know what to do.
Hope this helps!

Benjamin
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 09.30.58.png
(730.83 KiB) Not downloaded yet
mevans

Re: Fullscreen video issues AND Feedback issues

Post by mevans »

Hopefully they fix the Feedback link. This is mostly a user-to-user forum and the people who can fix it may not visit here. Try again in a day or so and see if Feedback works.

Thanks for pointing this out. That might explain why I've seen some "full screen" videos not appear full screen.
bweggersen

Re: Fullscreen video issues AND Feedback issues

Post by bweggersen »

Thanks! I'll try the feedback link again.

Return to “Main Church Website”