Page 1 of 1

LDS.ORG Home Page

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:17 pm
by techgy
The home page of lds.org is NOT opening. I've tried this on two different computers and a tablet.
Appears to be problem in SLC.

Re: LDS.ORG Home Page

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:28 pm
by sbradshaw
techgy wrote:The home page of lds.org is NOT opening. I've tried this on two different computers and a tablet.
Appears to be problem in SLC.

Interesting; it works for me. Was it a temporary outage, or is it still not working?
What URL are you loading?
What browser(s) are you using?

Re: LDS.ORG Home Page

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:37 pm
by russellhltn
Note that "lds.org" should re-direct you to "www.lds.org". That's not just semantics, that's a completely different server location. "lds.org" is hosted by the church while "www.lds.org" is hosted by a major hosting company.

Perhaps just the "lds.org" server was down. It seems to be re-directing now.

Re: LDS.ORG Home Page

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:45 pm
by techgy
russellhltn wrote:Note that "lds.org" should re-direct you to "www.lds.org". That's not just semantics, that's a completely different server location. "lds.org" is hosted by the church while "www.lds.org" is hosted by a major hosting company.

Perhaps just the "lds.org" server was down. It seems to be re-directing now.


it's still not opening. Doesn't matter what URL is used. If I enter lds.org it redirects to http://www.lds.org.
I've also tried https://www.lds.org to no avail. I get the same result regardless as to whether I use my tablet, or two different computers.

I'll try rebooting the modem and router. However, I'm having no problems with other sites. By the way, I can open other lds.org sites with no problems.

Re: LDS.ORG Home Page

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:47 pm
by russellhltn
Open a DOS Box and do a TRACERT www.lds.org

Re: LDS.ORG Home Page

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:54 pm
by techgy
russellhltn wrote:Open a DOS Box and do a TRACERT http://www.lds.org

It's working now. Very strange.

Re: LDS.ORG Home Page

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:33 am
by russellhltn
If you have Comcast, it may be the problem described in LDS.org not working inside firewall.

Re: LDS.ORG Home Page

Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:14 am
by techgy
russellhltn wrote:If you have Comcast, it may be the problem described in LDS.org not working inside firewall.

Nope. I'm using Time Warner. Yesterday afternoon it started working again. It was intermittent for a while then cleared up. I WAS able to login to the lds.org site by going directly to a different page than the home page (lds.org), such as the directory, calendar, etc.

This morning all's normal. Definitely weird.