lds.org Boxee problem?

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
schapman422

lds.org Boxee problem?

Post by schapman422 »

Hey y'all, I'm new to the forum and don't know if this should be in a different section... But I've got a problem with my Boxee Box. It will load any website in its browser, EXCEPT lds.org. I don't know if this is a problem with my box or something about the website that is incompatible with Boxee. Has anyone else run into this issue and know of a solution? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
lmcguire

Re: lds.org Boxee problem?

Post by lmcguire »

I have no idea, but perhaps the following information will give someone else more information to help you:

1) Boxee Box appears to just be a Linux box.

2) If you can find out the name of the browser it's using (in Windows, that's usually through the Help menu and "About..." option), and post it back here, that might help a Linux guru (even without Boxee Box) to assist you.

3) FWIW, when I load lds.org in Firefox (latest release) on my Win7Pro computer, the entire computer freezes until it's done loading. (The mouse won't move, Alt+Tab won't move between apps, the keyboard doesn't respond, nothing.) It doesn't appear to do this with MS IE 10 (but I rarely use that, so I don't have enough experience to say "never"). No other website I use has ever done this, so I can only assume there's something "weird" about lds.org.

4) I don't know whether the feedback link at the bottom of all the lds.org pages is for this kind of thing, but I know if you use it, the email will make it to the web developers, and if nothing else, it'll make them aware there's an issue.

FWIW,

Liz
longfellow_ca

Re: lds.org Boxee problem?

Post by longfellow_ca »

Yes I'm having the same problem; it won't accept 'LDS" anything. I had a friend try his and the same trouble occurred.It would appear that it is being blocked at BOXEE?

Return to “Main Church Website”