We need a CRM

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the LDS.org website.
christopherlohman

We need a CRM

Postby christopherlohman » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:24 pm

I keep finding myself needing a CRM for my church activity. I want to keep notes, tasks, and calendar events, on my home teaching families. I want to keep notes on my interactions with members. This would be so very useful to the Church community. We need CRM functionality.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: We need a CRM

Postby jdlessley » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:01 pm

So what is CRM?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:18 pm

jdlessley wrote:So what is CRM?

Business speak. Customer relationship management. Software to hold all the information about a customer, contacts, notes etc.

For legal/privacy reasons, I don't think it will ever happen. At least nothing organized by the church.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:41 pm

russellhltn wrote:For legal/privacy reasons, I don't think it will ever happen. At least nothing organized by the church.

Except for the missionary area book! :)
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

mevans

Postby mevans » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:24 am

There are plenty of personal information management tools available that you could use for your personal purposes. Some tools are online cloud-based and others are apps you can install on your computer/phone/tablet. Some synchronize between devices.

Two tools you might want to consider are Microsoft One Note and Evernote. Both have a free version available. There are plenty of other tools you might want to consider, too; these just came to mind since they're free, available on multiple platforms, and don't have to be connected to the internet to use.

christopherlohman

Postby christopherlohman » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:09 pm

Yes, there are plenty of free tools available. I'm using free tools, which is dangerous, because member data is being kept outside of church IT control. I can't share this data. I can't aggregate it. I can't initiate workflows which cause the data to bounce amongst other ward leadership.

We need our lds tools to begin including CRM features. Ward leadership needs to be able to keep notes on members for items such as welfare needs. We need to be able to setup forms for data entry with workflow triggers behind the forms. Records clerks needs to have a form for data entry when they are working on the 14-some-odd-steps it now takes to move out a member. When records transfer from one ward to another, Bishops needs to be able to transfer notes that follow the members.

We need CRM features.

christopherlohman

Postby christopherlohman » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:53 am

I see that the Church is using MS Dynamics. The platform already exists. Please extend this to the ecclesiastic leadership.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:20 pm

christopherlohman wrote:I see that the Church is using MS Dynamics. The platform already exists. Please extend this to the ecclesiastic leadership.

The forum is primarily user to user support. There is little chance those in decision making positions will read this thread. The best chance to get your suggestions to those decision makers is to use the LDS.org feedback link. While feedback sent through that link is not interactive and a majority of responses are automated, rest assured it will get routed to the right people.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

Return to “LDS.org Website”