Streaming General Conference

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the LDS.org website.
kpraeger

Streaming General Conference

Postby kpraeger » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:23 pm

Is it now possible to watch General Conference or BYU Channel live on Youtube? This page has a link to General Confernece Youtube Channel, and I also read another article that YouTube is starting to support Live Streaming so I was curious if that was the case. I just got a new Sony Blu-Ray Player (which includes an app for YouTube) so was wondering if we could watch it live that way.

https://www.lds.org/church/events/watch ... conference

I would appreciate any ideas anyone has. Thank you.

russelljd

Re: Streaming General Conference

Postby russelljd » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:28 pm

General Conference will be streamed live on the LDS General Conference YouTube channel which can be found at https://www.youtube.com/user/LDSGeneralConference

kpraeger

Postby kpraeger » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:35 pm

Great. This is good news. I tested other live streams with my Google Chromecast and it seems to work fine, however I don't think live streams work on my Sony Blu-Ray player. Does anyone have any advice on how to get this to work...or if it can?

erindyal

Postby erindyal » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:03 pm

I'm having the same problem as kpraeger. I can live stream conference from Youtube on my computer, my laptop, and my phone and tablet (from the youtube app) but I cannot get it to stream live on my Sony TV (granted it's 10 years old but it has an hdmi port) through my Sony BluRay. I keep getting an error saying that the video is not available on my device. Even when I try to get it to stream from my phone (using the cast icon), it apparently tries to launch the Youtube app on blue-ray and I get the same error.

Any other ideas?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:50 pm

Check the manufacturer's website for any updates to the BluRay player.

Failing that, you may have to attach something else to play the stream.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “LDS.org Website”