Need to correct mistake in Missionary Health Form

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
wendyhickman

Need to correct mistake in Missionary Health Form

Post by wendyhickman »

My son completed his missionary application last night. Today the Bishop has made us aware of a blaring mistake in his health information. Because he submitted the papers, my son can no longer access the files to make the correction. How can he get access to the file to change the mistake before the Stake Pres. submits the files to Salt Lake? If my son can't fix it, is there a way that the Bishop or Stake President can fix it for us?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Need to correct mistake in Missionary Health Form

Post by lajackson »

wendyhickman wrote:. . . mistake in his health information. Because he submitted the papers, my son can no longer access the files to make the correction.
If the bishop is not able to correct the mistake, the stake president should be able to do it. I would suggest that you make them aware of the problem and the correction that should be made.
wendyhickman

Post by wendyhickman »

The Bishop has already tried to fix it, but really only has editing abilities in his own recommendation box. He can read the forms that my son submitted, but can't change anything.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wendyhickman wrote:The Bishop has already tried to fix it, but really only has editing abilities in his own recommendation box. He can read the forms that my son submitted, but can't change anything.
If the bishop has submitted the recommendation to the stake president, then only the stake president can make the correction (or an authorized stake clerk). But as long as the stake president has not submitted the application to Church headquarters, then someone at the stake level can certainly make the correction.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

wendyhickman wrote:The Bishop . . . can read the forms that my son submitted, but can't change anything.
The stake president can do it.
wendyhickman

Post by wendyhickman »

The bishop still has my son's papers in his docket. Is there a way the bishop can fix the mistake?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

wendyhickman wrote:The bishop still has my son's papers in his docket. Is there a way the bishop can fix the mistake?
I do not know if the bishop can edit that information. If the bishop has tried and is not able to do it, I do know that the stake president (or his authorized clerk) can edit the information. The bishop just needs to make sure the stake president knows what needs to be corrected when he submits the file to the stake president.
wendyhickman

Post by wendyhickman »

I'm glad to know that it is fixable. We'll let the Stake President know and have him fix the mistake. Thanks for your help.

Return to “Main Church Website”