PDA Downloads

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the LDS.org website.
zaneclark
Senior Member
Posts: 907
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:34 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Contact:

PDA Downloads

Postby zaneclark » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:10 pm

Does anyone know if the "Teach my Gospel" manual is going to be going to be available for downloading to a PDA?

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14685
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:40 pm

zaneclark wrote:Does anyone know if the "Teach my Gospel" manual is going to be going to be available for downloading to a PDA?


I assume you mean the missionary handbook "Preach My Gospel". There is a general download page for Preach My Gospel, which includes a full PDF as well as chapter PDFs. But I have not seen any version that is reformatted to be more friendly to PDA readers.

User avatar
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:56 am
Location: Layton, UT

Postby Mikerowaved » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:54 pm

There are many PDA formats, so you will need to be a bit more specific. I happen to use YanCEyware and can download the ebook HERE.

Mike
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

zaneclark
Senior Member
Posts: 907
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:34 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Contact:

Postby zaneclark » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:35 am

I have a PDA with the Palm OS. On the Adobe web site, I found a free download of Adobe Reader for PDA's for the Palm OS which allows you to download PDF documents to the PDA. I tried it with "Preach MY Gospel" but the print was too small to read for most of it. I have tried a few other PDF documents and photos and some work and some don't. I'm going to keep experimenting to see if I can make it work....

danpass
Member
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:38 pm
Location: Oregon City, OR
Contact:

Postby danpass » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:00 pm

zaneclark wrote:I have a PDA with the Palm OS. On the Adobe web site, I found a free download of Adobe Reader for PDA's for the Palm OS which allows you to download PDF documents to the PDA. I tried it with "Preach MY Gospel" but the print was too small to read for most of it. I have tried a few other PDF documents and photos and some work and some don't. I'm going to keep experimenting to see if I can make it work....

Documents to Go came bundled on my current PDA and it has a PDF reader that is far better than Adobe's. However on my last PDA, I tried out the Adobe reader and was very disappointed. There is a much better alternative, also free, called PalmPDF.

User avatar
dobrichelovek
Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:35 pm
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

LDS PDF docs tagged?

Postby dobrichelovek » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:19 am

So are the PDF files tagged in a way that would allow them to be displayed properly on a PDA? If you do a search on the terms [tagged pdf pda] you will see a number of discussions regarding a refinement of the PDF standard that takes into account differently sized displays allowing a single pdf document to be displayed properly in different display formats. Is the group doing the PDF conversion putting in the tagging or are they willing to if they learn what a difference it can make for those using PDAs?

zaneclark
Senior Member
Posts: 907
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:34 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Contact:

Postby zaneclark » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:26 am

danpass wrote:Documents to Go came bundled on my current PDA and it has a PDF reader that is far better than Adobe's. However on my last PDA, I tried out the Adobe reader and was very disappointed. There is a much better alternative, also free, called PalmPDF.


I downloaded PalmPDF easily and it opens on my PDA but I can't get any PDF files I download to show on the app.... I'll keep trying....

User avatar
kd7mha
Member
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:27 pm
Location: Logan, Utah

Files not showing

Postby kd7mha » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:09 am

zaneclark wrote:I downloaded PalmPDF easily and it opens on my PDA but I can't get any PDF files I download to show on the app.... I'll keep trying....


My Uncle had a similar problem, when he put files on the SD card he had to eject the SD card then reinsert it for the program to recognize the new files.

jander04
New Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:37 pm
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

Postby jander04 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:58 pm

Mikerowaved wrote:There are many PDA formats, so you will need to be a bit more specific. I happen to use YanCEyware and can download the ebook HERE.

Mike



Do you know how close YanCEyware is to iSilo? iSilo has worked really well for me and I have everything I have in that format. Is there an application to take a YanCEyware formatted file and translate it to iSilo?

Jerry


Return to “LDS.org Website”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest